Sharepoint 2013 installation issue



  • I am trying to setup a test lab with Windows 2012 R2, SQL 2012 and SP 2013- 3 servers.

    Installed AD on one server, SQL 2012 on second and then started installing sharepoint on 3rd server. Executed the prerequisite installer, except Appfabric cumulative update, everything else is fine. No matter what/how I tried, the cumulative update doesnt gets installed and so can't start sharepoint setup. I've tried several options like executing app fabric via command and then run the CU, removed App fabric from control panel, let prerequisite installer installs everything automatically, but when it reaches the CU, it fails. Has anyone come across such an issue?



  • I'm afraid that I have not seen that. SharePoint 2013 is not deployed in house at the frequency that older versions were. It is hosted so often now that a lot of companies that used to see issues early don't see them anymore.



  • Ive seen quite a lot of posts mentioning this issue, with different solutions, but nothing seems to be working for me! One place I read that SP 2013 is not supported by 2012 R2, and works with only SP2013 with SP1.

    One of my test HyperV I managed to install SP somehow following the guide from http://iouchkov.wordpress.com/2013/10/19/how-to-install-sharepoint-2013-on-windows-server-2012-r2/ but central admin is super slow. I am trying to figure out why. Setting up another instance with 2012 server (not r2) and trying it again!



  • Did you manage to make any progress?



  • Sorry haven't got a chance yet, moving into a new apartment and sorting out my internet connection. Should be able to check tonight.



  • Yes!!!

    As mentioned in my previous post, SP 2013 is not supported by 2012 R2. For that you need a slip streamed version of SP 2013 with SP1. I downloaded that version from my MSDN subscription, then executed the prerequisite installer. Initially it gave me an error that server role IIS failed to configure.

    Tried the hotfix from the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2765260 but the hotfix didn't work. Then used the below commands, run as admin powershell,

    *Import-Module ServerManager

    Add-WindowsFeature NET-WCF-HTTP-Activation45,NET-WCF-TCP-Activation45,NET-WCF-Pipe-Activation45

    Add-WindowsFeature Net-Framework-Features,Web-Server,Web-WebServer,Web-Common-Http,Web-Static-Content,Web-Default-Doc,Web-Dir-Browsing,Web-Http-Errors,Web-App-Dev,Web-Asp-Net,Web-Net-Ext,Web-ISAPI-Ext,Web-ISAPI-Filter,Web-Health,Web-Http-Logging,Web-Log-Libraries,Web-Request-Monitor,Web-Http-Tracing,Web-Security,Web-Basic-Auth,Web-Windows-Auth,Web-Filtering,Web-Digest-Auth,Web-Performance,Web-Stat-Compression,Web-Dyn-Compression,Web-Mgmt-Tools,Web-Mgmt-Console,Web-Mgmt-Compat,Web-Metabase,Application-Server,AS-Web-Support,AS-TCP-Port-Sharing,AS-WAS-Support, AS-HTTP-Activation,AS-TCP-Activation,AS-Named-Pipes,AS-Net-Framework,WAS,WAS-Process-Model,WAS-NET-Environment,WAS-Config-APIs,Web-Lgcy-Scripting,Windows-Identity-Foundation,Server-Media-Foundation,Xps-Viewer*

    Then executed the prerequisiteinstaller, everything went well, did an automatic restart and finished the whole setup including App fabric. 🙂

    Now installing SP 2013. Will see how it goes after the installation.



  • Ok. the installation was successful. After the installation, as a test, created a new web application. After all details was entered, and I clicked ok, all I could see now is "Creating New Web Application, this shouldn't take long" and stays there, its been almost 15 minutes now. Need to check why this is happening.



  • @ambarishrh said:

    Ok. the installation was successful. After the installation, as a test, created a new web application. After all details was entered, and I clicked ok, all I could see now is "Creating New Web Application, this shouldn't take long" and stays there, its been almost 15 minutes now. Need to check why this is happening.

    Awesome, glad that you got it working, at least partly.



  • And now I am not able to create a new web application, the wizard says this shouldn't take long, stays there and shows something went wrong. One time I got a time out error, and as per a post on a blog, I increased the "shutdown time limit" and "Ping maximum response" and that was fixed. Now checking it with ULS viewer



  • Finally, everything is working fine! 🙂

    That was tough! But now seems to be an easy one, Just need to learn more and dive deep into SP.


Log in to reply