Server 2012 PS: Script to update script path

• Looking to update the script path for all users in AD on a Server 2012.

Getting through a search, I find this, and it dissecting it, seems like it would work. for ALL (wildcard) users in AD. But,.. before I go and actually run it,.. wanted to confirm.

Import-module ActiveDirectory  
    Get-ADUser -Filter * -SearchBase "OU=User Accounts,DC=santhosh,DC=lab" | Set-ADUser –scriptPath “\\San01\test.bat” 

As I read it

Get module - gotta have that

Get-ADUser -Filter * 

Get users, filter on wild card

-SearchBase "OU=User Accounts,DC=santhosh,DC=lab"

Search OU User Accounts, on DC Santhosh.lab

| Set-ADUser –scriptPath “\\San01\test.bat” 

update the script path to UNC\file

• breaking it down like that makes it seem easy, and understandable. might give it a go replacing the wildcard with a single user to test.

• @gjacobse said in Server 2012 PS: Script to update script path:

breaking it down like that makes it seem easy, and understandable. might give it a go replacing the wildcard with a single user to test.

I would recommend this, lol.

• @dafyre said in Server 2012 PS: Script to update script path:

@gjacobse said in Server 2012 PS: Script to update script path:

breaking it down like that makes it seem easy, and understandable. might give it a go replacing the wildcard with a single user to test.

I would recommend this, lol.

Oh - I would too... 🙂

• Since I was working with only ONE user this is what I needed to change it to, else was getting Parameter set cannot be resolved

Get-ADUser -Filter {Name -eq "SomeUser"} -SearchBase "OU=Users,OU=OUGroup,DC=DOMAINname,DC=com" | Set-ADUser –scriptPath “\\SERVERNAME\netlogon\2018ADUC-script.txt”

But it worked!