What IT things do you consider when looking at SAAS?
Dashrender last edited by
We are looking for a new Radiology viewing solution. Of course the docs have their list of desires, the radiology techs have theirs, but what should IT's be?
The solution could be SAAS or we could look to a hosted solution or an onsite solution. But for this thread, consider primarily SAAS.
I have the following list.
Does not use Flash
Does not use Java (on the PC)
Prefer HTML 5 based
Does not require local admin rights
What is the upgrade/update plan
Mobile device accessible (Android and iPhone)
Supports IE, Firefox and Chrome (and why not - Edge too)
Let's assume the server components will be hosted and someone else's responsibility.
Can you think of others?
scottalanmiller last edited by
Top things are like this...
- Reliability of the company?
- Integrity of the company?
- Companies DR planning and capability?
- SLA... what will happen when they have outages, what does that look like?
- How do you get your data out of their system?
- What are they allowed to do with your data?
- Is the system modern and under continuous development?
- Location of your data / what jurisdiction.