Win7 Refurbished ISO Download



  • So, it appears M$ has taken down mydigitallife.com's list of ISOs that I used to download from and M$'s site will not allow me to download the Refurb w7 image using my clients key(and they of course didn't save a disk). Anybody know where I can quickly download the x64 W7 Refurb ISO?



  • Do you have access to the volume licensing portal? Or is that where you've already looked?



  • yes I do, download isn't there though



  • What is a refurb ISO? Do you just need a Windows 7 Pro x64 ISO that you can use your own key with? I can provide that for you..



  • There is no such thing is "Refurb" ISO.

    This is the link you need: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery



  • @Aaron-Studer said:

    There is no such thing is "Refurb" ISO.

    This is the link you need: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

    Yeah, never heard of such a thing. I can provide a vanilla Windows 7 ISO if you need it. No key included. Use the sticker on the box.


  • Service Provider

    @Aaron-Studer said:

    There is no such thing is "Refurb" ISO.

    He meant that the box has a Windows 7 Refurb License key and the download he used is no longer available. Microsoft has had their ISOs on Digital River for so long, I am sure this will come up more if they are truly gone from there now.


  • Service Provider

    @Hubtech said:

    So, it appears M$ has taken down mydigitallife.com's list of ISOs that I used to download from and M$'s site will not allow me to download the Refurb w7 image using my clients key(and they of course didn't save a disk). Anybody know where I can quickly download the x64 W7 Refurb ISO?

    To my knowledge, the Refurb keys will activate on a normal VL ISO.



  • Try the key on the recovery site... does it allow you to proceed?
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery



  • @JaredBusch said:

    @Hubtech said:

    So, it appears M$ has taken down mydigitallife.com's list of ISOs that I used to download from and M$'s site will not allow me to download the Refurb w7 image using my clients key(and they of course didn't save a disk). Anybody know where I can quickly download the x64 W7 Refurb ISO?

    To my knowledge, the Refurb keys will activate on a normal VL ISO.

    As long as it's not Enterprise there is nothing baked in special about the Win7 editions with the channel keys you use (OEM, Retail, VLK or refurb) Some OEM have their own edition with BIOS activation though, but even those if they don't have the proper means to activate automatically will take a normal key.



  • @thecreativeone91 said:

    @JaredBusch said:

    @Hubtech said:

    So, it appears M$ has taken down mydigitallife.com's list of ISOs that I used to download from and M$'s site will not allow me to download the Refurb w7 image using my clients key(and they of course didn't save a disk). Anybody know where I can quickly download the x64 W7 Refurb ISO?

    To my knowledge, the Refurb keys will activate on a normal VL ISO.

    As long as it's not Enterprise there is nothing baked in special about the Win7 editions with the channel keys you use (OEM, Retail, VLK or refurb) Some OEM have their own edition with BIOS activation though, but even those if they don't have the proper means to activate automatically will take a normal key.

    Usually. I've seen OEM ISOs be screwy about taking even the OEM keys...



  • @thanksaj said:

    @thecreativeone91 said:

    @JaredBusch said:

    @Hubtech said:

    So, it appears M$ has taken down mydigitallife.com's list of ISOs that I used to download from and M$'s site will not allow me to download the Refurb w7 image using my clients key(and they of course didn't save a disk). Anybody know where I can quickly download the x64 W7 Refurb ISO?

    To my knowledge, the Refurb keys will activate on a normal VL ISO.

    As long as it's not Enterprise there is nothing baked in special about the Win7 editions with the channel keys you use (OEM, Retail, VLK or refurb) Some OEM have their own edition with BIOS activation though, but even those if they don't have the proper means to activate automatically will take a normal key.

    Usually. I've seen OEM ISOs be screwy about taking even the OEM keys...

    That was true in the XP days. With Windows 7 they have too.



  • @thecreativeone91 said:

    @thanksaj said:

    @thecreativeone91 said:

    @JaredBusch said:

    @Hubtech said:

    So, it appears M$ has taken down mydigitallife.com's list of ISOs that I used to download from and M$'s site will not allow me to download the Refurb w7 image using my clients key(and they of course didn't save a disk). Anybody know where I can quickly download the x64 W7 Refurb ISO?

    To my knowledge, the Refurb keys will activate on a normal VL ISO.

    As long as it's not Enterprise there is nothing baked in special about the Win7 editions with the channel keys you use (OEM, Retail, VLK or refurb) Some OEM have their own edition with BIOS activation though, but even those if they don't have the proper means to activate automatically will take a normal key.

    Usually. I've seen OEM ISOs be screwy about taking even the OEM keys...

    That was true in the XP days. With Windows 7 they have too.

    Yeah. Haven't dealt with this on 8 or 8.1 as of yet...



  • @GregoryHall said:

    Try the key on the recovery site... does it allow you to proceed?
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

    This did not work for me recently when I tried to download a copy of Windows 7 for a HP 2760p Windows Pro device. 😞



  • How do y'all not have an ISO store? It's easily one of the best ways to kill some storage space. When I get new software in it gets ripped to an ISO before it even gets installed. Date & Version # go in the file name, all versions get kept for compatibility reasons.



  • @MattSpeller said:

    How do y'all not have an ISO store? It's easily one of the best ways to kill some storage space. When I get new software in it gets ripped to an ISO before it even gets installed. Date & Version # go in the file name, all versions get kept for compatibility reasons.

    I still have my Win 98se, 2000 and XP Iso's haha.



  • @thecreativeone91 said:

    I still have my Win 98se, 2000 and XP Iso's haha.

    lol damn right! so do I



  • I know there used to be (and appears to still be) a problem using OEM keys on VL media. I only maintain an inventory of VL media, and the machine I was fixing needed the OEM media.



  • @Dashrender said:

    I know there used to be (and appears to still be) a problem using OEM keys on VL media. I only maintain an inventory of VL media, and the machine I was fixing needed the OEM media.

    When Have you had a problem with that? I keep one copy of Windows 7 Pro 64bit and use it both for VLK, Retail and OEM keys. Never had an issue with it. But with oem key's you need to use the key on the COA not the key windows would show it's installed with, as this generates during activation and will have -OEM in the random key. System builder kits as the same as oem as well.

    The windows 7 Enterprise I have is the only one that has to be VLK

    You probably just need to edit the ei.cfg file on your iso then.





  • @thecreativeone91 said:

    @Dashrender said:

    I know there used to be (and appears to still be) a problem using OEM keys on VL media. I only maintain an inventory of VL media, and the machine I was fixing needed the OEM media.

    When Have you had a problem with that? I keep one copy of Windows 7 Pro 64bit and use it both for VLK, Retail and OEM keys. Never had an issue with it. But with oem key's you need to use the key on the COA not the key windows would show it's installed with, as this generates during activation and will have -OEM in the random key. System builder kits as the same as oem as well.

    The windows 7 Enterprise I have is the only one that has to be VLK

    You probably just need to edit the ei.cfg file on your iso then.

    I haven't tried it in so long I couldn't tell you the last time I had the problem at all. In the end I dug through my archives and found the original install media and just used that.