Crontab - Snipe-IT Scheduling

• So as I'm adding more features to the "I really want that" list one of them is a daily report that'll run and tell me what if anything is nearing expiration. Software licenses is what I'm discussing.

Based on the documentation

Adding @daily /var/www/html/snipeit /var/www/html/snipeit/artisan snipeit:expiring-alerts should bypass the "report on everything" and only report on expiring licensing.

Is this correct? I honestly never schedule anything (period) so my skills and expertise with crontab is less than ideal.

I used the installer script to create this installation, and based on what I can find, the paths should be correct.

• I read through the installer script quickly searching for anything with php and nothing is specifically listing a directory in which it installs.

At least not from what I saw. When I run any php commands like (when making changes to the .env file) php artisan config:clear and php artisan config:cache

For them to effect the system I need to be in /var/www/html/snipeit thus I think I'm correct. . .

• Ok well I was completely wrong lol. . .

Learned something new though. To find where php is loaded use which <command name> in this case which php which listed /usr/bin/php

The the full crontab command is @daily /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/snipeit/artisan snipeit:expiring-alerts for my case.

That's insanely easy, so easy that it's almost difficult because you overthink it. . .

• And it works.

Manually running /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/snipeit/artisan snipeit:expiring-alerts listed expiring licenses and warranties.

I might dig into that a bit later. I'm just glad it works.

• @dustinb3403 said in Crontab - Snipe-IT Scheduling:

Ok well I was completely wrong lol. . .

Learned something new though. To find where php is loaded use which <command name> in this case which php which listed /usr/bin/php

The the full crontab command is @daily /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/snipeit/artisan snipeit:expiring-alerts for my case.

That's insanely easy, so easy that it's almost difficult because you overthink it. . .

Do you still have runas apache?

• @black3dynamite said in Crontab - Snipe-IT Scheduling:

@dustinb3403 said in Crontab - Snipe-IT Scheduling:

Ok well I was completely wrong lol. . .

Do you still have runas apache?

My user is in the apache and wheel groups.

• @black3dynamite

groups myuser 
    myuser : myuser wheel apache

• I also had to fix a permissions issue from a while back, that wasn't affecting anything until I went to get this feature to be functional.