Better Than Aliens


  • Service Provider

    As a celebration of all of the insane posts that go on "over there." This is all that I have to say:

    curtis


  • Service Provider

    Feel free to post links to his insanity here. He's always good for a good laugh.



  • er....who?


  • Service Provider

    @Carnival-Boy said:

    er....who?

    The insane guy over at SW. He's been there for years and is incoherent.


  • Service Provider

    image.jpg


  • Service Provider

    I imagine his conversations at home go something like this....

    image.jpg


  • Service Provider

    This is how IT Pros respond to his posts....

    image.jpg



  • How dare you question him! He's been in IT...like...forever... Plus, he's an "IT Director". I really just hope his communication skills suck and not that he is actually like how he portrays himself.


  • Service Provider

    @ITcrackerjack said:

    How dare you question him! He's been in IT...like...forever... Plus, he's an "IT Director". I really just hope his communication skills suck and not that he is actually like how he portrays himself.

    Hard for it to be just communications skills. Arguing that the Internet was invented in 1998, many years after normal people were using it and decades after products we use were built for it is just crazy.



  • @scottalanmiller said:

    @ITcrackerjack said:

    How dare you question him! He's been in IT...like...forever... Plus, he's an "IT Director". I really just hope his communication skills suck and not that he is actually like how he portrays himself.

    Hard for it to be just communications skills. Arguing that the Internet was invented in 1998, many years after normal people were using it and decades after products we use were built for it is just crazy.

    Yeah...you're right...there is no hope. Reading through his IPv6 thread now. WOW!



  • @ITcrackerjack said:

    @scottalanmiller said:

    @ITcrackerjack said:

    How dare you question him! He's been in IT...like...forever... Plus, he's an "IT Director". I really just hope his communication skills suck and not that he is actually like how he portrays himself.

    Hard for it to be just communications skills. Arguing that the Internet was invented in 1998, many years after normal people were using it and decades after products we use were built for it is just crazy.

    Yeah...you're right...there is no hope. Reading through his IPv6 thread now. WOW!

    I think drugs (legal or otherwise) and/or some mental disorder that I can't categorize are involved.


  • Service Provider

    @ITcrackerjack said:

    @scottalanmiller said:

    @ITcrackerjack said:

    How dare you question him! He's been in IT...like...forever... Plus, he's an "IT Director". I really just hope his communication skills suck and not that he is actually like how he portrays himself.

    Hard for it to be just communications skills. Arguing that the Internet was invented in 1998, many years after normal people were using it and decades after products we use were built for it is just crazy.

    Yeah...you're right...there is no hope. Reading through his IPv6 thread now. WOW!

    When he goes off of the rails, he goes way off. I've been dealing with him for many years and he is, I am quite sure, demented and dangerous - probably only to himself. He is a pathological liar and so bad at it that it comes out as deranged. He is so completely non-technical and incompetent that he can't even make up a cohesive lie about something.



  • wow, just wow. It seems like and most likely is one of those people that will lie about the lie then get people confused so they give up just to win an argument.



  • his profile doesn't even make sense "Move on to Arlington County Help Desk. There I helped with the Police BAIT car Project (Sherrifs Office) their conduct code on a wallet cd's and ran the Emergency Operations Center for 911 at the Pentagon." If this guy ran the emergency ops center for 911 at the pentagon what are you doing as an IT Director?


  • Service Provider

    @david.wiese said:

    wow, just wow. It seems like and most likely is one of those people that will lie about the lie then get people confused so they give up just to win an argument.

    Yup. Exactly. He will say anything and has no concept of what is a reasonably lie or an unreasonable one.

    Reasonable: I had Mcdonalds for lunch (but I didn't)

    Unreasonable: I invented gravity.

    He sounds a lot like the nut jobs from Liquid Nitrogen Overclocking. They knew so little about IT that they couldn't tell a good lie from an insane one. Same with Curtis. He talks like a person who has never actually used a computer but has heard a lot of words.


  • Service Provider

    I actually think that he might be a bot. He is incoherent in a "can't determine that he is human" way.



  • @scottalanmiller you got me interested now, I've seen him post before I've even posted on a couple of threads he started. Now I know where part of my day is going to.



  • That IPV6 thread is hilarious I'm with the guy who asked if anyone wanted popcorn. I definitely don't know the history behind IPV6 yet, I do want to learn it....just not from him.

    @scottalanmiller said:

    I actually think that he might be a bot. He is incoherent in a "can't determine that he is human" way.

    I'm not saying he is an alien but...Alien!


  • Service Provider

    You really have to dig through his threads but you will find some whoppers. There is a reason that he was the first person banned from the SP. He'll have months of no posting or okay posting and then a few months of complete insanity.



  • @scottalanmiller said:

    You really have to dig through his threads but you will find some whoppers. There is a reason that he was the first person banned from the SP. He'll have months of no posting or okay posting and then a few months of complete insanity.

    Also he said he was a teacher at one point, that is the scary part. Seems to me like the woodshop teacher missing a few fingers.


  • Service Provider

    @J1MM3RT said:

    Also he said he was a teacher at one point, that is the scary part. Seems to me like the woodshop teacher missing a few fingers.

    Or the creepy gym coach.



  • @scottalanmiller true true, I can see it now, "No no no you are throwing that basketball all wrong, you need to throw it underhanded cause that's what the wiki said is true."
    I've been reading through a few where he posted, each one just seems just not sane after the first couple of posts.
    I'm going to be following him for the weirdness, not unlike why I follow PSX for his amazing way of going from normal helpful guy to outright viciousness with no holding back mentality in a Flamewar/healthy argument. Makes for some good long day at work reading. The major difference is I have learned little things over time from PSX & don't think I've taken away anything from Curtis as most of his stuff I've seen was in the Water Cooler.


  • Service Provider

    @J1MM3RT Oh yes, they often start out okay then deteriorate rapidly. If no one questions anything or disputes anything he says he can keep it up. The moment he isn't treated as infallible you can sense the drool and spittle as he jumps up and down ranting while he tries to type.


  • Service Provider

    yeah, Curtis has figured out that posting technical stuff just makes him look foolish. He's not the spammer of the WC. In the evenings it seems like 50% of all posting emails coming from SW are Curtis putting something stupid in the WC. I never read any of his posts anymore.



  • @scottalanmiller something like this?
    tumblr_inline_mkfsczbiUo1qz4rgp.gif


  • Service Provider

    There you go.



  • It seems that he likes to hear himself "talk" or type in this case. I do have a plan to find out through his threads how many types of jobs he has had in his career, it seems he has had his hand in every aspect of everything.


  • Service Provider

    @J1MM3RT said:

    It seems that he likes to hear himself "talk" or type in this case. I do have a plan to find out through his threads how many types of jobs he has had in his career, it seems he has had his hand in every aspect of everything.

    Ask him about his DJing. Now THAT is entertaining.


  • Service Provider

    image.jpg



  • This is all that I have to add....

    image.jpg


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to MangoLassi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.