OpenVMS System Engineer
Job Code : RCI-ITCs4-3785
Job Title: System Engineer
Location: East Elmhurst,NY,11370
Duration: 12 Months
- Recent, in-depth, hands-on, related experience as an OpenVMs Systems Manager-Systems Engineer.
- OpenVMS operating system.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with DECTP products, which includes Application Control Management system (ACMS).
- Alpha platforms.
- OpenVMS clusters.
- Digital Command Language (DCL).
- CPU-independent SAN technology.
- MS Windows.
- Intel platforms.
- Excellent analytical, and software and hardware skills, with the ability to diagnose problems, develop solutions, and implement corrective actions.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience using OpenVMS capacity planning, performance management and system utility tools.
- Must have 1O+ years of exoerience in areas listed above
- Hands-on knowledge and experience as a systems programmer on OpenVMS platforms. Hands-on knowledge and experience programming in a 3rd Generation Language (3GL) e.g., "C."
- Knowledge of other operating systems, g., Linux.
- Background in Incoming Voice Response (IVR) / Voice Response Unit (VRU). Troubleshoot communications problems related to TCP/IP with connections between Dialogic boards, Harris switches, databases, and applications.
- Experience in programming languages, g. C. Hands-on networking experience.
- Knowledge of lntel/Dialogic telephony interfaces.
- DEC ACMS; CDD Plus; DEC FORMS
Skill Year of experience How it was used?
Digital Command Language
If interested: Please provide us the following information:
- Hourly rate on W2: __________
- Attach latest resume in Word format: __________
- Contact information, where we can reach you: _________
- Date of Birth (This is required as a unique identifier: Month & Date only): _________
5)Two Professional Reference:
- Are you authorized to work for any employer in the US : Yes _____ No _____
- Earliest availability for Phone/ In-Person interview: ______
- Earliest availability to start: ______
Rangam Consultants Inc.
Phone:908-704-8843 - Ext: 424
Email: [email protected]
I've managed OpenVMS systems back in the late 90s and early 00s. You couldn't pay me enough to take on a system that thinks no notification when you need to change backup tapes was an ok thing. Granted, that was probably the person who setup the backup system, but still, yuck.