Sysprep & Capture issues - MDT
bbigford last edited by bbigford
Per this link, I know that lots of people are just using the capture task sequence & the litetouch.vbs script to capture images:
But I found this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Y0Lb7ARIs (FF to 6:05) which shows that MDT is capable of having a machine PXE boot to the task sequence without having to use the script.
- I've made sure that the TS is enabled.
- I've tried sysprepping the machine first (like how WDS-only environments require the machine sysprepped first... but since MDT uses the same engine as SCCM, it's not totally necessary).
- I've updated my deployment share.
- I've re-imported the boot image (not really necessary) into WDS and updated the deployment share again.
- I've deleted and created a whole new task sequence and OS reference image from \sources.
- I've made sure that "SkipCapture=NO" is a line entry in customsettings.ini
What am I missing here?
So if I delete everything in my customsettings.ini, I can get it to the capture section. Here's what my settings look like, since it has to be something in there... Took secure stuff out and replaced with $
TimeZone=(UTC -07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
Removing line by line the last 5 sections to see what line is problematic...
Problematic line is JoinDomain=$domainName