Odd script problem (sshpass)

• Running a bash script (from Linux box) to sed some config files on local linux machines. It fails on every machine that has an 8 or 9 in the IP address. I am using leading zeros in the script (example: ping 10.0.1.077), so 10.0.1.077 will work, but 10.0.1.078 will not.
    The script pulls the IP list from a text file and the reason for the leading zeros is the last octet is a naming/number convention on the backend for something so it is used as a sed variable later in the script. This works without leading zeros, but I need the leading zeros for my variables. Any insight?

Error message I get when an IP has an 8 or 9: "ssh: Could not resolve hostname 10.0.1.090: Name or service not known"

• Service Provider

If you output the resulting variable to the screen, then manually copy and paste to see if SSH works that way, what happens?

• It is the same thing. I can replicate by running "ping 10.0.1.077" on the same machine hosting the SSHpass script and it works but the "ping 10.0.1.078" Its weird to me. I am logging into another machine on the network to see if it has the same issue.
    Edit: just tried pinging from a different machine with the same issue, 77 is good but anything with an 8 or 9 is bad. What the heck.

• Hold the phone... machines I have been pinging and sshpass'ing from are on a different network using OpenVPN. I ssh'd into a machine and can ping all the 8's and 9's just fine!
    Weird network issue then...hm...

• Solution found, human thinking error. Because I was trying to make a bash script take the last octet of an IP address and use it in a config file for naming I was using leading zeros where I shouldn't be. Most modern OS's assume octal is being used when leading zero's are inserted into a number, octal is 0-7 so that is why 8 and 9's weren't working. Also when I did ping 10.0.1.077 the response came back from 10.0.1.63 because 77 in octal equals 63 in decimal. Lesson learned for me trying to overcomplicate things.

Looks like your connection to MangoLassi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.