Security Engineer - Jersey City
The Security Engineer is responsible for designing IT infrastructure that is hardened and resistant to compromise. The role requires maintaining current knowledge of attack techniques used by adversaries against any of the components being engineered into new or updated systems. The Security Engineer will use her/his technical knowledge of current attacks to identify flaws and weaknesses in the composition and design of networks, remote access schemes, systems and applications to specify solutions, verify the solutions that have been implemented, and rapidly adjust designs based on new threat and attack information as acquired.
- Deep knowledge in Network Security and Operating System Security Architecture
- Wide breadth of knowledge across production security products, tools, and industry trends
- Perform requirements analysis and develop hardware/software solutions to business requirements.
- Prepare and maintain security operating procedures and associated documentation.
- Develop reports for management review.
- Identify inefficiencies and make suggestions for process improvements.
- Works with technology teams on placement and configuration of key monitoring and prevention tools.
- Enhances existing design and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; when needed preparing cost estimates.
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for applications, OS, data in motion and data at rest; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
- Writes clear requirements and implementation guidelines for the implementation engineers.
- Guides and confirms that the requirements have been implemented as per design.
- Documents the design and follows the review process for a solution description document.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Maintains security posture by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- 7-10 years' experience in Information Technology with a focus on Information Security
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, preferred
- CISSP (CISSP:ISSAP is a plus), GIAC, or similar certification
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Solid understanding of Operating system security concepts
- Extensive experience in deploying and manage network security productions platforms (Firewalls, Proxy, IDS/IPS, Load balancers, etc)
- Understanding of malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- Experience assisting the development and maintenance of tools, procedure, and documentation
- Customer service including the resolution of customer escalations and incident management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, support team environment
- Ability to follow detailed process and procedure documentation
- Ability to present complex solutions and methods to general community
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Strong team player who collaborates well with others to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills