Solution Architect in Woodcliff Lakes, NJ
Woodcliff Lakes, NJ has a long term Contract (potential Contract to Hire) position open for an Advisory Solutions Architect. A copy of the job description is below (below my signature).
If you are interested, please send a copy of your resume (preferably in MS Word format) to [email protected].
Please be sure to include your rate, location and contact information.
Job Title: Soutions Architect
Location: Northern NJ
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12+ months (possible contract to hire)
Contact Info: Stuart Schwartz - [email protected] - 201-786-2425
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manage and implement the successful technical deployment of systems within member firm and global environments, the role will:
- Support the Senior Solution Architect in their role as trusted advisor and representative in any technical matter as required
- Manage and implement the technical alignment of Global/Regional/Local configuration and deployment architectures with respect to supporting core infrastructure items; for example, operating systems, productivity tools, browsers, and database technologies
- Manage and implement the determination of requirements for all aspects of technical delivery and configuration, including: documentation, workshops, forums, training and contribute to their development and delivery. Coordinate these activities and other communications as directed
- Work with Global/Regional/Local IT teams to help them configure implementations, plan functional and performance testing as well as facilitate the transition of systems through delivery into formal support processes
- Participate as required in any technical task as directed by the Head of Application Delivery
Management and Competencies:
- Experience with managing and implementing enterprise solutions
- Capable of managing and implementing plans of action
- Demonstrated experience developing team members and being a role model
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to document and communicate technical information to IT professionals
- International experience with the ability to work in a diverse work environment across cultures and time-zones; available to travel (internationally) at short notice and host/attend international calls outside of standard working hours
- Allow for up to 10% travel
- Minimum five years' experience as a Technical/Solutions Architect
- Minimum eight years project experience in delivery of enterprise systems with an emphasis on globally available applications
- In-depth knowledge of JIRA, Confluence architecture and design deployed to Windows or Linux environments, including high availability implementation. Knowledge and deployment experience with Aris and its specifics around deployment topology to support Global community of users with high availability. Be proficient with the supporting JAVA stack and ability to tune performance, diagnose and address any technical issues related to the products underline technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft platform (IIS, .NET, Web Services, SQL Server including Always On with cross geography stretch cluster implementation, SharePoint 2007, 2013, Office Web Application, Mobile Iron, Optimal Virtual Directory Server, Optimal SharePoint Claims and SharePoint Profile provisioning products, Windows Server products, Windows multimode clustering, Active Directory, SharePoint Search)
- Hands-on experience working with Microsoft Azure Cloud solutions – good knowledge of IAAS, PAAS and SAAS offerings, includes good knowledge of Office 365.
- Experience implementing Akamai based solutions for video hosting, traffic and performance optimizations (Sure Route, Terra Alta etc)
- Confidence in dealing with staff, managers and partners across the firm
- Good knowledge of regional issues and structures, ability to work with people from many different cultural backgrounds
Education / Academics:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college/university in Computer Science or related field