Senior Oracle DBA in NYC
mlnews last edited by
Senior Oracle DBA
Detail Job Description:
The Senior Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for designing, installing, and supporting Oracle databases and related functionality, providing the highest possible performance, availability, and security. This individual will be part of a dynamic team of skilled architects and administrators, managing existing database deployments, planning enhancements, and driving value through vision and execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performance of Oracle database administration tasks including daily checks, configuration management, backup/recovery, performance optimization, and space management
• Maintenance of multiple databases running Oracle 10g/11g on Solaris and Linux platforms.
• Provide 24 x 7 x 365 support through on-call rotation.
• Pager duty is required.
• Participate in database infrastructure/future-state design planning and implementation. Understand upcoming software development and plan related database-changes.
• Be a part of our dynamic team of Oracle Database Administrators. Cross-train and instruct other DBAs on specializes skills/training, learn from our experts, divide and concur projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. A combination of education, technical training/certification, and relevant experience that is equivalent to 10 years overall working experience will be considered in lieu of an undergraduate degree.
• Requires 5-10 years experience in information technology, with at least 5 years experience managing Oracle databases
• Must be hands-on, technically adept DBA, capable of performing required DB tasks.
• Deep knowledge with Oracle 10g/11g databases, strong RAC/clustering experience, RMAN, and Data Guard experience required
• Must demonstrate proficiency in UNIX and be able to administer Oracle databases running in Solaris and RHEL.
• Strong troubleshooting/performance tuning skills required. Must be able improve SQL performance results through use of hints or outlines. Ability to diagnose problems and triage/resolve issues across various tiers (application, network, database, server, or storage tiers)
• Ability to implement automation to reduce manual administrative tasks through use of jobs, shell scripts, PL/SQL, cron, or other techniques.
• Preference towards candidates with Oracle Enterprise Pack experience – Golden Gate, Database Vault, Audit Vault, AES Security/Encryption.
• Strong commitment to following SDLC/Change-Management principles
• Performs work with minimal supervisory direction
• Knowledge of data quality, data management and data testing strategies and practices
• Strong Oral and written skills. Able to communicate efficiently and effectively to technical and non technical audiences.
• Anticipate and handle critical situations.
• Ability to thrive in change. Fast, flexible, cooperative work style.
OB Recruitment Inc.