Recommend- Cloud Service and Application Performance Monitoring Tool
sreekumarpg last edited by scottalanmiller
I am looking for a Monitoring solution which can monitor Azure environment(VMs,Storage,Traffic, Load balance,all azure services), application, Network traffic and process level. It also needs to be alert when anything went down or increase in utilization. The main application service and performance to be monitored are Cassandra, RabbitMQ, IIS.
I have evaluated the service DATADOG, New Relic & Dynatrace .Datadog and Newrelic required to do configuration on the agent to get the application metric but Dynatrace is having an auto discovery feature. Datadog Azure plugin is not able to get Linux metric and no offering alert icon on the portal top page for an easy monitoring. New Relic is not having Azure plugin and required customisation on the agent to get required application. Dynatrace seems better but not having the plugin for Cassandra but other two have the feature.
I request you all to advise me a good solution which is having all the features which am looking.
- Azure Infra monitor (VM's Status, VMs CPU,Memory, Traffic metrics, Disk I/O metrics, Loadbalance traffic..etc)
- Application Plugin for Cassandra, RabbitMQ, IIS ( need the application performance metrics)
- Alert on Application, VMs failure..etc and display alert icon on portal top page
- Need to configure alert for resource utilization and display alert icon when increase in the configured threshold
- Need to configure service or process level alert.
Thanks in advance
scottalanmiller last edited by
I've only used NewRelic and they were quite good. Very thorough.
sreekumarpg last edited by
I believe NewRelic required modification in agent config file
I will try NewRelic and update the comments
MustaasamSaleem last edited by
I've also used New Relic for my web application monitoring via Cloudways. It's good.