Thanks for all the help. The Dig command is now in my tool bag. Thank you Jared.
Confession time: 7.5 hrs into the 48 hr wait and hope, I discovered an issue.
The domain was wardmechanical.com.
Our isp, which we have a great relationship with (they are awesome) put in the initial DNS entry for me because we were working on the website (we have a guy for website stuff). I was sitting reading about DNS going over in my head what I could have done wrong. While starring at the DNS entry page it suddenly jumped out at me.
The zone was set up with wardmechancial.com
The I and C were transposed........ Wow........
So I did a FTFY and within seconds things started talking.
Ya live, ya learn, ya die......