Amazon Refunds now take 2 weeks? Is this an April fools...


  • Banned

    I don't think it is but it's dumb . Two weeks from the day they get the item back is when you get a refund now?

    0_1459536160098_upload-76520411-5e5a-4169-9ff0-ad106b9d328e



  • Odd, but I wouldn't count on it taking that long. My refunds get issued as soon as the label gets scanned at the carrier facility.


  • Banned

    @crustachio said:

    Odd, but I wouldn't count on it taking that long. My refunds get issued as soon as the label gets scanned at the carrier facility.

    Normally it is for me.. but not this one. Amazon has had it in their hands for 3 days.


  • Banned

    This post is deleted!

  • Banned

    Refunds are instant if Amazon courier collects in the UK

    If you ship it, then no refund until they get it.


  • Banned

    @Breffni-Potter said:

    Refunds are instant if Amazon courier collects in the UK

    If you ship it, then no refund until they get it.

    They provided the label. It was delivered to Amazon warehouse on Tuesday. I wouldn't be so annoyed if it wasn't a few thousand they are holding.


  • Banned

    @Jason said:

    @Breffni-Potter said:

    Refunds are instant if Amazon courier collects in the UK

    If you ship it, then no refund until they get it.

    They provided the label. It was delivered to Amazon warehouse on Tuesday. I wouldn't be so annoyed if it wasn't a few thousand they are holding.

    Money Laundering, ect ect.

    There are hoops merchants need to jump through, so for a few thousand, yeah they'd be suspicious.

    I don't think I've bought anything that expensive from Amazon though.



  • I returned a Unifi AP last week and they refunded me the night I sent it back.



  • @wrx7m said:

    I returned a Unifi AP last week and they refunded me the night I sent it back.

    Why on Earth would you return an UAP? Forget to order the UAP-AC-LITE model?



  • @JaredBusch said:

    @wrx7m said:

    I returned a Unifi AP last week and they refunded me the night I sent it back.

    Why on Earth would you return an UAP? Forget to order the UAP-AC-LITE model?

    Sort of. The lite were in short supply and I needed an AP overnight, so I got the LR. I don't know if it was defective or just the nature of it being LR, but I had problems with my wifi thermostat and phone losing connection a lot. I gave up on it after 3 weeks.

    Have had the lite installed for a week and haven't had a single issue.



  • @wrx7m said:

    @JaredBusch said:

    @wrx7m said:

    I returned a Unifi AP last week and they refunded me the night I sent it back.

    Why on Earth would you return an UAP? Forget to order the UAP-AC-LITE model?

    Sort of. The lite were in short supply and I needed an AP overnight, so I got the LR. I don't know if it was defective or just the nature of it being LR, but I had problems with my wifi thermostat and phone losing connection a lot. I gave up on it after 3 weeks.

    Have had the lite installed for a week and haven't had a single issue.

    Most likely, the LR would have been overpowering the radio in your devices unless you turned the signal strength all the way down to low.



  • @JaredBusch Yeah, I tried that but the signal dropped so much that it didn't make it worth it and it still dropped. LR just isn't a good idea, especially for home use.



  • @JaredBusch @wrx7m
    My recent UAP-AC-PRO acquisition was a bust. Atrocious throughput compared to its predecessor. I went through all the settings per best practices. There's quite a lengthy thread on the subject over at the UBNT forums. Pretty disappointing.



  • @crustachio said:

    @JaredBusch @wrx7m
    My recent UAP-AC-PRO acquisition was a bust. Atrocious throughput compared to its predecessor. I went through all the settings per best practices. There's quite a lengthy thread on the subject over at the UBNT forums. Pretty disappointing.

    Ah, I would not have seen that issue, because I have only used the UAP-AC-LITE so far. That LITE doe snot (and is not advertised to get) 1300mbps.


  • Banned

    @JaredBusch said:

    @crustachio said:

    @JaredBusch @wrx7m
    My recent UAP-AC-PRO acquisition was a bust. Atrocious throughput compared to its predecessor. I went through all the settings per best practices. There's quite a lengthy thread on the subject over at the UBNT forums. Pretty disappointing.

    Ah, I would not have seen that issue, because I have only used the UAP-AC-LITE so far. That LITE doe snot (and is not advertised to get) 1300mbps.

    Sounds like the clients just don't have MIMO or enough streams to saturate it.



  • @crustachio I just read that entire thread. They now have beta firmware out stating over 600mbps for the UAP-AC-Pro.



  • @JaredBusch I'll check again. I tried the beta that was available about 8 or 10 days ago with no improvement. Not sure if there is a more recent one.



  • @Jason said:

    @JaredBusch said:

    @crustachio said:

    @JaredBusch @wrx7m
    My recent UAP-AC-PRO acquisition was a bust. Atrocious throughput compared to its predecessor. I went through all the settings per best practices. There's quite a lengthy thread on the subject over at the UBNT forums. Pretty disappointing.

    Ah, I would not have seen that issue, because I have only used the UAP-AC-LITE so far. That LITE doe snot (and is not advertised to get) 1300mbps.

    Sounds like the clients just don't have MIMO or enough streams to saturate it.

    How many clients could one of the PRO ones support? I've got some high device density areas to cover.


  • Banned

    @MattSpeller said:

    @Jason said:

    @JaredBusch said:

    @crustachio said:

    @JaredBusch @wrx7m
    My recent UAP-AC-PRO acquisition was a bust. Atrocious throughput compared to its predecessor. I went through all the settings per best practices. There's quite a lengthy thread on the subject over at the UBNT forums. Pretty disappointing.

    Ah, I would not have seen that issue, because I have only used the UAP-AC-LITE so far. That LITE doe snot (and is not advertised to get) 1300mbps.

    Sounds like the clients just don't have MIMO or enough streams to saturate it.

    How many clients could one of the PRO ones support? I've got some high device density areas to cover.

    Better to lower the RF on them and get more devices. A Normal AP is only going to support 50-100 associated devices, much much less active users (20 or so)



  • @Jason said:

    @JaredBusch said:

    @crustachio said:

    @JaredBusch @wrx7m
    My recent UAP-AC-PRO acquisition was a bust. Atrocious throughput compared to its predecessor. I went through all the settings per best practices. There's quite a lengthy thread on the subject over at the UBNT forums. Pretty disappointing.

    Ah, I would not have seen that issue, because I have only used the UAP-AC-LITE so far. That LITE doe snot (and is not advertised to get) 1300mbps.

    Sounds like the clients just don't have MIMO or enough streams to saturate it.

    I'm testing with a 3x3 Thinkpad.


Log in to reply