Family Guy or South Park?



  • Which do you like more and why?



  • Family Guy, because Stewie.

    Haven't had cable for ~3 years now, so assume all opinions are old and uniformed.


  • Service Provider

    Family Guy. SP is okay but it doesn't draw me in. I can't figure out why I love one and find the other mostly boring. I love SP the Movie and think the creators are brilliant and find it hilarious from time to time, but mostly I don't find it interesting. FG I love every single time. They are both rude, crass, political, social, have the same underlying motivations, have intelligent but gross humour, etc. So I have never figured out, other than the artwork, why I like one and not the other generally.



  • Family Guy just because I don't have satellite.

    I could watch them online, but eh, so many games to play!!


  • Service Provider

    Yup, haven't seen a show in weeks. Any show of any kind.



  • @scottalanmiller said:

    Family Guy. SP is okay but it doesn't draw me in. I can't figure out why I love one and find the other mostly boring. I love SP the Movie and think the creators are brilliant and find it hilarious from time to time, but mostly I don't find it interesting. FG I love every single time. They are both rude, crass, political, social, have the same underlying motivations, have intelligent but gross humour, etc. So I have never figured out, other than the artwork, why I like one and not the other generally.

    It almost comes down to Stewie vs. Cartman lol



  • Both. Apples and oranges comparison.... FG is random, cut scene humor, while SP is sharp social satire. <-- don't try to refute this statement until you have watched ALL of the newest season of SP.... and if it offends you, we can't be friends. It's a beautiful treatise on the current state of the US, in terms of everyone being overly sensitive and super offendable. Seth MacFarlane writes great, crass, random humor, but Trey and Matt provide the sharpest satire on tv.



  • @RojoLoco said:

    Both. Apples and oranges comparison.... FG is random, cut scene humor, while SP is sharp social satire. <-- don't try to refute this statement until you have watched ALL of the newest season of SP.... and if it offends you, we can't be friends. It's a beautiful treatise on the current state of the US, in terms of everyone being overly sensitive and super offendable. Seth MacFarlane writes great, crass, random humor, but Trey and Matt provide the sharpest satire on tv.

    It's mind boggling to me that Trey and Matt write an episode in a week.



  • @quicky2g and that they still do all the work, after nearly 20 years. Seth MacFarlane hasn't worked harder than a 2 hour voice over session in a decade (or much more). It's cool to have a good writing staff, but MacFarlane will never pen a "Book of Mormon" level masterwork either.... oh wait, 2 Ted movies. :-1:


  • Service Provider

    @quicky2g said:

    @RojoLoco said:

    Both. Apples and oranges comparison.... FG is random, cut scene humor, while SP is sharp social satire. <-- don't try to refute this statement until you have watched ALL of the newest season of SP.... and if it offends you, we can't be friends. It's a beautiful treatise on the current state of the US, in terms of everyone being overly sensitive and super offendable. Seth MacFarlane writes great, crass, random humor, but Trey and Matt provide the sharpest satire on tv.

    It's mind boggling to me that Trey and Matt write an episode in a week.

    Yeah, that is crazy.



  • FG is humor that fits everyone.

    Rarely do you find a show that is for libertarians, and I think that is main reason I absolutely love Southpark. Seeing Conservatives and Liberals getting trashed every other week brings joy to me. Every other show I have seen tends to either lean as liberal (majority) or conservative.


  • Service Provider

    @IRJ said:

    FG is humor that fits everyone.

    Rarely do you find a show that is for libertarians, and I think that is main reason I absolutely love Southpark. Seeing Conservatives and Liberals getting trashed every other week brings joy to me. Every other show I have seen tends to either lean as liberal (majority) or conservative.

    I was told by a political activist from New Delhi that she felt that I was a Libertarian Hindu.


  • Service Provider

    Neither. I never really got into adult cartoons.



  • Lately though, Rick and Morty has taken over as my go-to fave. Because Dan Harmon.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to MangoLassi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.