Microsoft certification advice? for MS Partner Silver.



  • At my company we are planning on going for MS Partner Silver. The requirement is we need 2 individuals to complete at least one course of the listed MS certs. My question is which one should I take that will benefit the longest? Which means which certs are just introduce and are still reverent in IT industry.
    Yes I will get reimburse for the passed course but I like something that I can put it on my RESUME as well.

    Here are the list:
    Exam 70-480: Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3
    Exam 70-481: Essentials of Developing Windows Store Apps using HTML5 and JavaScript
    Exam 70-482: Advanced Store App Development using HTML5 and JavaScript
    Exam 70-483: Programming in C#
    Exam 70-484: Essentials of Developing Windows Store Apps in C#
    Exam 70-485: Advanced Store App Development using C#
    Exam 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
    Exam 70-487: Developing Windows Azure and Web Services
    Exam 70-511: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    Exam 70-513: TS: Windows Communication foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    Exam 70-516: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    Exam 70-583: PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications
    Exam 74-353: Windows UX Design
    Exam 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
    Exam 70-533: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions

    Any thought?



  • Those are all the development certs. Are you getting certified as a development partner? We are a Silver Partner and don't have any of these. We do it with the IT certs.



  • @scottalanmiller said:

    Those are all the development certs. Are you getting certified as a development partner? We are a Silver Partner and don't have any of these. We do it with the IT certs.

    Please enlighten me. I might be in the wrong Silver Partner page.



  • What kind of competency are you looking at? Pretty much all competency has silver and gold options. We base our competency goals based on what we need to achieve. We use some for getting internal licenses on few products, some for getting new projects from clients using that technology, example- SharePoint. What is your purpose of attaining the MS Competency?



  • @Ambarishrh said:

    What kind of competency are you looking at? Pretty much all competency has silver and gold options. We base our competency goals based on what we need to achieve. We use some for getting internal licenses on few products, some for getting new projects from clients using that technology, example- SharePoint. What is your purpose of attaining the MS Competency?

    Mainly Office 2016 license key and some others as needed.



  • You mean for office 365 license? and how many internal license are you planning to get through getting the MS competency?



  • @Ambarishrh said:

    You mean for office 365 license? and how many internal license are you planning to get through getting the MS competency?

    We have 2 ms partner account so that should gives us 50 licenses total.
    I like to opt-in for MS partner because I want to play around with other products as well. SharePoint is one of them that I like to know more about.



  • https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2996518 this gives you an info on how to get the O365 license for internal use



  • Also as far as i know, its not just passing MS exams, but providing customer references, and paying a fee based on the competency you are achieving to complete the process



  • @Ambarishrh said:

    Also as far as i know, its not just passing MS exams, but providing customer references, and paying a fee based on the competency you are achieving to complete the process

    I am fully aware of the fee but still not quire sure about the customer references



  • We had to get 6 references from customers as part of our Silver Partner stuff. To go to Gold I believe we have to get a total of 10.



  • So if you want to get a competency which covers products lets say Sharepoint, SQL server, your customer reference should be projects you've complete for your clients using those products. You prepare an email through the partner portal, email your customer and they confirm that its true and after few days, that gets added to your portal as an approved reference. Complete the number of ref based on competency requirement and you will be one step closer to achieve that, others are as you already know MCPs, fees. and some competencies also needs few other exams for both sales and technical like Bing ADs



  • Action pack might also be a good option here, which i think you don't need references, if you just want to use the licenses, although i am not very sure about it, need to go through the requirements.

    https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/us/Pages/Membership/action-pack.aspx



  • @Ambarishrh said:

    Action pack might also be a good option here, which i think you don't need references, if you just want to use the licenses, although i am not very sure about it, need to go through the requirements.

    https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/us/Pages/Membership/action-pack.aspx

    @Bundy-Associates uses the action pack program to enable us to do a lot of things on our hardware.



  • We have action packs and are now in a position to acquire more office licenses. My thought was to get Silver which will provide us enough Office license we need plus other product that we can use to test.



  • That's not an uncommon approach.



  • @scottalanmiller said:

    That's not an uncommon approach.

    That is exactly why we use it. We use the Action Pack for application builders.


Log in to reply