New support ticket system for Webroot for business



  • We just released a brand new support system that now allows you to have separate tickets (with ticket numbers, gasp!) for each issue that you submit. No longer will all your support issues be jumbled together in one big long spaghetti conversation. Check out the release notes for details here:
    https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Business-Announcements/PRODUCT-UPDATE-BULLETIN-Support-System-2-1-Nov-17th-2015/m-p/228084



  • It's about time.... Now if we could just get the Web security side of support up to snuff...



  • @RojoLoco Yeah the web security service uses Salesforce as their ticketing system. Salesforce seems to want to make add-ons that do everything, which is nice, but then they end up as a jack of all trades and master of none.



  • @Nic said:

    @RojoLoco Yeah the web security service uses Salesforce as their ticketing system. Salesforce seems to want to make add-ons that do everything, which is nice, but then they end up as a jack of all trades and master of none.

    I hate to say it, but that lack of support on that side caused our company to buy a different web security product. I only had 2 simple questions that needed to be answered to close that sale, and I still have yet to hear anything back from them, 2 or 3 months later. I actually had to go to my boss and retract my suggestion of Webroot's security product after the utter support failure.



  • Ok I'll go find out who needs some feedback 🙂



  • @Nic said:

    Ok I'll go find out who needs some feedback 🙂

    Is there a Webroot equivalent of the banhammer? The Feedback hammer?



  • @coliver said:

    @Nic said:

    Ok I'll go find out who needs some feedback 🙂

    Is there a Webroot equivalent of the banhammer? The Feedback hammer?

    Oh yes:

    0_1447788671847_BanHammer.gif



  • Ok I found your case and it was indeed never replied to. I'm digging into what went wrong.



  • Ok found out what happened. We had a bug in our Salesforce setup where tickets weren't getting assigned to anyone. We found out when customers started calling us and saying "why aren't you replying to our tickets?" They weren't even showing in the open ticket queue, so that's how we found out unfortunately.

    Anyway, the bug's been fixed but unfortunately you happened to fall in the window of when it was happening. Sorry that we screwed the pooch on this one - I can send you some swag and a free keycode as an apology. If there's ever anything like that with a ticket not being answered or someone here not getting back to you, please let me know and I can always investigate and find out where the ball was dropped. I can't guarantee it will never happen again, but I can promise we'll do as good a job as we can of rectifying the issue.



  • Morale of the story: Salesforce is not good if you want to service customers.



  • @scottalanmiller yeah we have a real ticketing system for our other products, that we built in-house. Not sure why we are on Salesforce just for the WSS customers.



  • @Nic said:

    Ok found out what happened. We had a bug in our Salesforce setup where tickets weren't getting assigned to anyone. We found out when customers started calling us and saying "why aren't you replying to our tickets?" They weren't even showing in the open ticket queue, so that's how we found out unfortunately.

    Anyway, the bug's been fixed but unfortunately you happened to fall in the window of when it was happening. Sorry that we screwed the pooch on this one - I can send you some swag and a free keycode as an apology. If there's ever anything like that with a ticket not being answered or someone here not getting back to you, please let me know and I can always investigate and find out where the ball was dropped. I can't guarantee it will never happen again, but I can promise we'll do as good a job as we can of rectifying the issue.

    I guess I feel a little better about not being the only one that got dropped. That's good that y'all got it figured out and fixed.... but I sure would have loved having your security and filtering product more than the websense garbage we ended up with 😉 I thought I copied you on 1 or 2 of the emails I sent to Ella (and whomever she had covering while she was OOO), but I could be mistaken on that. At least my boss was open to looking back at your software in the future, saying "that must be a new division for them, maybe their support will be better when we are near the end of the websense contract".



  • I don't remember getting any emails - let me make sure you have my correct email address: [email protected] for the future.

    I'll go ahead and have someone reply to your original ticket so you can get answers to the questions you asked, so you'll have that info for next time you're up for renewal. And whenever you want to get your trial re-activated just let me know and I can make that happen.



  • @Nic sweet, thanks.


Log in to reply