Problems with UAP at one remote site
JaredBusch last edited by JaredBusch
UniFi UAP constantly missing heartbeats to controller.
I did two things with my UniFi controller recently. I upgraded the controller to 4.6.6 and I moved it from Windows to Linux (Ubuntu for package installing and updating).
- Upgraded existing Windows controller to 4.6.6
- Relaunched controller
- Upgraded my UAP from 188.8.131.5286 to 184.108.40.20620
- All seemed to be normal, created backup from GUI.
- Shut down Windows controller.
- Installed Ubuntu and the controller.
- Changed NAT rules in my ERL in the datacenter.
- Launched Linux controller and selected the import backup.
- All devices came up except one client office.
- Upgraded all devices from 220.127.116.1186 to 18.104.22.16820 except the one office.
Conclusion: The problem is with the one site not the controller.
So any ideas? I did manage to manually, via SSH, get the UAP on the site upgraded from 22.214.171.12486 to 126.96.36.19920.
Obviously, this UAP was not doing this prior to the 4.6.6. update of the controller. Also, it may have been a problem with the Windows controller too, but I never left the Windows controller up long enough to know. I simply confirmed my house stable and then performed the backup and shut it down.
I'll be posting over on the UBNT community of course, but wanted to toss this out here also.
JaredBusch last edited by
JaredBusch last edited by gjacobse
Opened a support case (email only) with Ubiquiti after not getting it resolved in the community.
An UNBT employee is on the thread trying to help. Just nothing has resolved the issue yet.
Disabled a controller setting that makes no difference to any of the other sites on the controller, but at least UBNT had a decent enough reason for it.
Then they told me to disable antivirus/firewall... That is just a f[moderated] insult after clearly stating both in the thread and in the original email that this controller is running multiple sites and only this one AP is having problems.