Yealink SIP-T20P with Jabra GN1000



  • I've just added a Jabra GN1000 handset lifter to my phone setup. After some initial setup issues (Sometimes words are better than just a few pictures) it will lift the handset as it is suppose to when the phone button is pressed on my Jabra headset.

    One thing that I have found is that I still need to hit the headset button on the phone. Still one feature short of being able to address calls without having to touch the phone.

    I did a search on the Yealink forum and found there is an option to enable.

    Option set, phone rebooted and alas it still fails to retain the headset mode.

    Suggestions?



  • Do you have the latest firmware on the phone? That model seems kinda old.. I wonder if you might have a bad/dieing phone?



  • Firmware Version 9.73.0.50

    From the support site, this is the latest version.



  • Is the handset lifter plugged in to the right spot? You said it works sometimes but not others?



  • @handsofqwerty said:

    Is the handset lifter plugged in to the right spot? You said it works sometimes but not others?

    The lifter only has one cable - which plugs into the AUX port of the headset base. There is the ring sensor, but it is not being used.

    The lifter works on all calls; it is just that it will drop back to the handset with the receiver is lifted.



  • You might not need a lifter with this phone - you might only need wireless part. Try moving the lifter such that it can't lift the phone. Then see if when you press the connect button on your headset if the call is picked up.



  • Disabling the lifter and then pressing the button on the headset (not the headset base) does not open a line on the phone.



  • @g.jacobse said:

    Disabling the lifter and then pressing the button on the headset (not the headset base) does not open a line on the phone.

    Does pressing a button on the headset base do something different?

    And do you have the phone itself in headset mode?



  • In idle mode, this is the display (stock image, all icons are not on, just the headset).

    Yealink SIP-T20P_display_big.jpg

    When I press the button on either the headset base or the headset itself, it opens the call (lifter) but drops back to the handset.



  • what ports exist on the back of the phone, and which one are you plugged into?



  • The SIP-t20p has:

    • Power
    • eth0 - switch
    • eth1 - PC
    • Handset
    • Headset (to Jabra Pro)

    Jabra Pro

    • Power
    • USB
    • Aux (to lifter)
    • Handset
    • Phone


  • From the SIP t20p Manual

    • If headset prior is enabled, the headset mode will not be deactivated until you press the
      HEADSET key again.
      If headset prior is disabled, the headset mode can be deactivated by pressing the
      speakerphone key or the HEADSET key.
      Headset prior is configurable via web user interface only


  • @g.jacobse said:

    @handsofqwerty said:

    Is the handset lifter plugged in to the right spot? You said it works sometimes but not others?

    The lifter only has one cable - which plugs into the AUX port of the headset base. There is the ring sensor, but it is not being used.

    The lifter works on all calls; it is just that it will drop back to the handset with the receiver is lifted.

    Lifters tend to be able to adjust the angle and height that they lift to. At least Plantronics ones can. Have you played with that?



  • So I decided to revisit this issue.

    Ordered another GN1000 and got it setup. Going through the setup, found that the handset needs to be plugged into the Jabra 9460, and the 9460 plugged into the handset port - not the headset port.

    So as of now, I have the software installed, and the lifter working fine.

    More wires,.. but less having to touch the phone.



  • @gjacobse said:

    So I decided to revisit this issue.

    Ordered another GN1000 and got it setup. Going through the setup, found that the handset needs to be plugged into the Jabra 9460, and the 9460 plugged into the handset port - not the headset port.

    So as of now, I have the software installed, and the lifter working fine.

    More wires,.. but less having to touch the phone.

    Did you get the Yealink EHS36? Or does that T20 not support that?
    The point of using the EHS is to avoid the whole lifter disaster.



  • Looks like nope. that is the close port on the left.

    0_1454033387138_2016-01-28 20_09_05-yealink t20 - Google Search.png


Log in to reply