"Threshold" to be Called Windows 9, Ship in April 2015

• I think that the April date might be a little soon, but I think it could be coming in 2015 at some point.

• 2015 doesn't surprise me. The faster they ship the more money to be made.

• It wouldnt surprise me, if they released on tablets and other mobile devices first. Its nice to have the apple hardware/software advantage when demonstrating a new OS.

• Doesn't matter much without ARM hardware.

• They've been talking up a faster release schedule for a while now. Expect a new OS to roll out every 2-3 years now if not sooner. I'm just hoping that 2012 R2 isn't too old by the time I get certified.

• @Bill-Kindle said:

They've been talking up a faster release schedule for a while now. Expect a new OS to roll out every 2-3 years now if not sooner. I'm just hoping that 2012 R2 isn't too old by the time I get certified.

That's one reason I don't like some of the MS certs, although they aren't as expensive as alot of other certs.

• @lance said:

@Bill-Kindle said:

They've been talking up a faster release schedule for a while now. Expect a new OS to roll out every 2-3 years now if not sooner. I'm just hoping that 2012 R2 isn't too old by the time I get certified.

That's one reason I don't like some of the MS certs, although they aren't as expensive as alot of other certs.

Well, in order for most businesses to upgrade on a cycle like that, MS is counting on the economy getting way better. Investing thousands (even more than that for most SMB's and up) upgrading OS'es every 2 years isn't something that's going to go over very well. Which ironically, plays into their selling of cloud services with Office 365, Azure, etc.

• @Bill-Kindle said:

@lance said:

@Bill-Kindle said:

Well, in order for most businesses to upgrade on a cycle like that, MS is counting on the economy getting way better. Investing thousands (even more than that for most SMB's and up) upgrading OS'es every 2 years isn't something that's going to go over very well. Which ironically, plays into their selling of cloud services with Office 365, Azure, etc.

Sneaky little..... Well played Microsoft.