CloudatCon aka CloudatCost



  • Never could get a server to build under the new "improved" CloudPro. I've initiated disputes for both of my purchases with Paypal.



  • I've started with a support ticket #CATC-62821096.
    I'd also like to say that I'll buy servers off people for $1 AU as my usual initial bid price of $10 seems too high



  • I've started PayPal claims for all my cloud con servers. They gave cloudcon til the 10th to respond.


  • Vendor

    There is currently a big backlog for building servers, This is directly related to providing the Cloud Pro product for free as a response to our service outage. The backlog is expected to be caught up in 3 hours.


  • Service Provider

    @AmanBhogal said:

    There is currently a big backlog for building servers, This is directly related to providing the Cloud Pro product for free as a response to our service outage. The backlog is expected to be caught up in 3 hours.

    Stop calling it "offering it for free". You crippled the original servers and left no path for use. If there is a backlog it is because you forced one. You didn't offer an "upgrade", you forced a downgrade that now doesn't work. This is an outage that you have chosen to have. There was no call for crippling the old servers and forcing us onto this new, useless service.

    The marketing bullshit has to stop. Can't you just make a statement without adding ridiculous marketing to it? Calling CloudPro "free" when the product that people paid for was taking away and this was the only option for them to use isn't free, they bought this. And now it doesn't work.

    This is CloudatCost's issue, stop blaming users for "upgrading." They had no choice and it isn't an upgrade.



  • @AmanBhogal said:

    There is currently a big backlog for building servers, This is directly related to providing the Cloud Pro product for free as a response to our service outage. The backlog is expected to be caught up in 3 hours.

    Sorry, but that's a BS answer. Yesterday, you stated the following on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cloudatcost/status/594866143178924032

    In 11+ attempts, I've never successful built a server since migrating to CloudPro.


  • Service Provider

    Oh you see, they handled their outage, oh, I'm sorry, Roger's outage, so well that they gained SO many customers that they are now growing so fast that they cannot handle all of the new people even though they've added "redundancy" and "datacenters across the nation".



  • Yet.. Rogers has confirmed to me there was no cut. No 30hrs outage. No second cut. There was however approx a 1hr disruption of service.


  • Service Provider

    @thecreativeone91 said:

    Yet.. Rogers has confirmed to me there was no cut. No 30hrs outage. No second cut. There was however approx a 1hr disruption of service.

    They keep repeating that they have "proof" but refuse to provide any from this outage or the last one.


  • Service Provider

    We've asked for a refund and had our account cancelled. We even had free servers too (like ones for MangoLassi Staging) but they are useless, obviously, so we've given back that capacity too. Even free, we can't use the service. Maybe if we were minimum wage workers we could justify the time, but I doubt that we could even in those cases. The amount of effort needed to deal with not having backups, servers randomly disappearing, long outages, IO problems, etc. would make it cheaper to be on Digital Ocean, Rackspace, Vultr, EC2, etc.

    So we've washed our hands and walked away. Good luck to all of those thinking that it is worth holding out for them to not just fix their technical issues but to decide to be an ethical company. Technical issues can be fixed. But a company without ethics doesn't just get better, that's not how things work.



  • @scottalanmiller How did they respond to your refund request?


  • Service Provider

    @Danp said:

    @scottalanmiller How did they respond to your refund request?

    They said that the account was suspended and the refund was in motion. We're arguing about other things, but there was no issue there.



  • @scottalanmiller said:

    @Danp said:

    @scottalanmiller How did they respond to your refund request?

    They said that the account was suspended and the refund was in motion. We're arguing about other things, but there was no issue there.

    They've responded to yours? No response on mine st all.


  • Service Provider

    @thecreativeone91 said:

    They've responded to yours? No response on mine st all.

    I did it through ML Chat.


  • Vendor

    Disclaimer: I work directly for CloudAtCost.

    Due to the multiple Twitter messages that I have seen and received, I wanted to give some insight directly to Mango Lassi users in regards to the Cloud At Cost issues.

    We did indeed experience a fiber cut and worked closely with our data center as well as Rogers in order to get this resolved. In response to @thecreativeone91 and @scottalanmiller I have included a picture of the accident that occurred and caused the outage in Waterloo, Ontario near Highway 7. One of our employees personally went there in order to get an insight as to why the disruption had been taking so long.

    If you look closely at the picture, you can see on the right hand side the spool off Fiber cable that had been brought. At this point, Hydro One had yet to bring a pole to replace the one that had been damaged in the accident. I have additional pictures I can provide in regard to the outage if need be.

    Coincidently, moments after the fiber line had been brought back up, there was a secondary outage in Oakville as confirmed by Rogers. At this point, we were programatically moving Cloud and Cloud Pro customers from the 10Gbit upstream link to our redundant link until the fiber link was 100% back up.

    Going forward, we will be improving our redundant lines in order to sustain our current growth as well as network transfer rate.

    As a thanks to our customers for being patient during this frustrating outage, we introduced the free migration from our Cloud service to our Cloud Pro service. Giving users the ability to convert their current life-time service to X,Y,Z resources that they may freely play with. For example, being able to convert a 4GB life-time VPS to resources and being able to deploy 8 512MB instances, or 2 2GB, 4 1GB, etc. This gives you the benefit of splitting one of your largers VPS' into multiple, scalable small VPS' on multiple different public IP's.

    Due to the alarmingly positive response we've had from our Cloud Pro service, a considerable amount of customers have converted their current resources to Cloud Pro, thus our build queue has been considerably larger than usual. We have not only installed another SSD-storage to improve the build-speed, but also opened our gates to a few more build-servers in order to increase operations. The added benefit being that our overall I/O speed has improved across all servers. Check your VPS' I/O speed again and you'll see it has improved.

    Currently we sit at 506 queued builds (building the config, expanding the /dev/sda, etc.) and 30 active installs (transfering data). We vary between processing 70-100 builds per hour.

    Let me know if this is an adequate answer to your questions, we're all up for transparency and I'll be more than willing to give you more insight to our internal operations.



  • @charlie Can you explain why there is a migration between cloud and cloudpro and exactly what that means? Is this a forced migration?



  • @charlie said:

    Due to the alarmingly positive response we've had from our Cloud Pro service, a considerable amount of customers have converted their current resources to Cloud Pro, thus our build queue has been considerably larger than usual.

    Alarmingly positive? There's nothing that's been positive about it. No one really wanted to switch. We had to kill off our old servers to do this. You crippled your old service by removing re-imaging and power cycling in order to make everyone move to this new non working Cloud Pro. Quit spinning the facts.


  • Vendor

    @IRJ said:

    @charlie Can you explain why there is a migration between cloud and cloudpro and exactly what that means? Is this a forced migration?

    This is entirely a voluntary migration. We are temporarily allowing the migration of current life-time accounts to Cloud Pro as a means of thanking our customers for being patient with us during this outage.

    If you are talking in regards to data. The reason for the need of the deletion / re-creation of the server is the infrastructure and underlining software that the cloud pro service runs on. In order to have a maintainable and sustainable service, we require a full deletion / re-creation of the service from our Cloud service to our Cloud Pro service.



  • @charlie said:

    Going forward, we will be improving our redundant lines in order to sustain our current growth as well as network transfer rate.

    What happened to the claims you have made before saying you all had two redundant fiber lines from different providers plus a Wireless backup? This has been stated here as well as on your youtube video.



  • @charlie said:

    This is entirely a voluntary migration. We are temporarily allowing the migration of current life-time accounts to Cloud Pro as a means of thanking our customers for being patient with us during this outage.

    if by entirely voluntary you mean "we crippled our old service to make people move to Cloud Pro"



  • @charlie said:

    If you are talking in regards to data. The reason for the need of the deletion / re-creation of the server is the infrastructure and underlining software that the cloud pro service runs on. In order to have a maintainable and sustainable service, we require a full deletion / re-creation of the service from our Cloud service to our Cloud Pro service.

    This is not required. No matter what. This is just straightup poor planning and poor design. You can easily image back/restores of the VMs. You just did not want to.



  • This post is deleted!


  • @charlie said:

    bfF3b52.jpg

    If you look closely at the picture, you can see on the right hand side the spool off Fiber cable that had been brought. At this point, Hydro One had yet to bring a pole to replace the one that had been damaged in the accident. I have additional pictures I can provide in regard to the outage if need be.

    Apparently you take us for fools. 1.) this is not proof. Secondly, This is likely from an incident in August 2013. There are no news stories about this supposed one in April. Yet there is at the same place in August. I also checked with the Waterloo regional police services. There were no incidents there on April 30th, 2015 - May 2, 2015.



  • @AmanBhogal As expected, server rebuilds are still non-functional even after 3 1/2 hours. But hey... if you look on the bright side, at least you are meeting my expectations of being inept and dysfunctional. :trollface:



  • @Danp said:

    if you look on the bright side, at least you are meeting my expectations of being inept and dysfunctional. :trollface:

    Bahahha. [email protected] meeting super low expectations one cloud VPS at a time.



  • Well if anyone gets fed up, I'll take over their account if it's free. Been meaning to play with this stuff for a while.


  • Service Provider

    @charlie said:

    This is entirely a voluntary migration.
    Right, voluntarily migrate or lose your purchase. "Voluntary"



  • @MattSpeller said:

    Well if anyone gets fed up, I'll take over their account if it's free. Been meaning to play with this stuff for a while.

    You could throw up a php page with a simple login and some buttons tied to no actions and get the same functionality. Enjoy.


  • Service Provider

    @charlie said:

    Disclaimer: I work directly for CloudAtCost.

    Due to the multiple Twitter messages that I have seen and received, I wanted to give some insight directly to Mango Lassi users in regards to the Cloud At Cost issues.

    We did indeed experience a fiber cut and worked closely with our data center as well as Rogers in order to get this resolved. In response to @thecreativeone91 and @scottalanmiller I have included a picture of the accident that occurred and caused the outage in Waterloo, Ontario near Highway 7. One of our employees personally went there in order to get an insight as to why the disruption had been taking so long.

    If you look closely at the picture, you can see on the right hand side the spool off Fiber cable that had been brought. At this point, Hydro One had yet to bring a pole to replace the one that had been damaged in the accident. I have additional pictures I can provide in regard to the outage if need be.

    Coincidently, moments after the fiber line had been brought back up, there was a secondary outage in Oakville as confirmed by Rogers. At this point, we were programatically moving Cloud and Cloud Pro customers from the 10Gbit upstream link to our redundant link until the fiber link was 100% back up.

    Going forward, we will be improving our redundant lines in order to sustain our current growth as well as network transfer rate.

    As a thanks to our customers for being patient during this frustrating outage, we introduced the free migration from our Cloud service to our Cloud Pro service. Giving users the ability to convert their current life-time service to X,Y,Z resources that they may freely play with. For example, being able to convert a 4GB life-time VPS to resources and being able to deploy 8 512MB instances, or 2 2GB, 4 1GB, etc. This gives you the benefit of splitting one of your largers VPS' into multiple, scalable small VPS' on multiple different public IP's.

    Due to the alarmingly positive response we've had from our Cloud Pro service, a considerable amount of customers have converted their current resources to Cloud Pro, thus our build queue has been considerably larger than usual. We have not only installed another SSD-storage to improve the build-speed, but also opened our gates to a few more build-servers in order to increase operations. The added benefit being that our overall I/O speed has improved across all servers. Check your VPS' I/O speed again and you'll see it has improved.

    Currently we sit at 506 queued builds (building the config, expanding the /dev/sda, etc.) and 30 active installs (transfering data). We vary between processing 70-100 builds per hour.

    Let me know if this is an adequate answer to your questions, we're all up for transparency and I'll be more than willing to give you more insight to our internal operations.

    But you (CloudatCost) made a big deal about bringing in redundant lines BEFORE this happened. Then when you had your last "blame it on Rogers" outage, you all refused to even discuss why there was no failover. NOW you claim to have fixed it? We've heard this before. We'd be morons to believe you this time around!



  • Wow... my server has finally moved on to the "reimaging" process. Maybe that will be done in another 3.5 hours.

    Impressive.... NOT!



Looks like your connection to MangoLassi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.