Sales people and DIDs
Has anyone else been noticing the trend I have? it seems lately sales folks are calling from their now unlisted DIDs so you won't know not to answer it? This didn't used to be the case. They have you call back on the same number so it seems like it would benefit them to list it. I'm guessing to many people started screening the calls or something. I get a lot of them from unlisted numbers per day now.
scottalanmiller last edited by
I screen 100%, so I haven't gotten a salesperson in years.
Minion Queen Banned last edited by
I have been noticing more and more of that.
I never answer the phone, regardless of whether or not the number is withheld.
MattSpeller last edited by
It's the rare occasion that I forget to put in a fake number, but when I do there is a lot of regret.
JaredBusch last edited by
If the caller ID is not recognized, I do not answer the call unless I happen to be expecting a call from a new client or something.
jevans last edited by
Yes, I have noticed it a bit. I personally just let it go to voicemail and then forget about my voicemail for a week or so... Then I listen to them and end up just deleting the bulk of them without even listen to what they have to say.
nadnerB last edited by nadnerB
Creatively answering the phone for strange/unknown numbers is fun could also be fun for sales people too :
- $randomlocale circumcisions. You flop it, we chop it.
- $pizzaco, may I start with your phone number?
- Joe's Morgue. You kill 'em, we chill 'em
- Your call could not be connected, please check the number and try again (wait 2 seconds and repeat until hang up)
- Hello? HEEELLLLOOO? Who's there? I can't hear you. Is phone on mute? Hello? You aren't funny.
- $town police station, Sergeant Stevens speaking.
Or, the fan favourite: