Repetitive Habits



  • So I was making some popcorn when I started thinking about myself (not in the vain way). I live alone and due to circumstances don't often have too many people to chat with in the evenings so I am left with a great deal of time for self-reflection. I started thinking about something that I've known for awhile but figured I'd share. When I find something I like, I tend to go back to it over and over. For example, I've had mac and cheese three or four days in a row now, followed up by a bag of popcorn. If I find a new song I like, like when I found "All About That Bass", I'll listen to it 1-200 times over the course of a week. The same song on repeat over and over. With both my food and music choices, eventually I get sick of that meal or song, and then I move on to something else either new I find or something else that strikes my fancy at the time. Not sure why but I seem to fixate on things...suddenly a lot of things in my life are making even more sense...thus why I type! Self-realization! Wonderful stuff!



  • Normal stuff for me.. If i like song i used to listen to it before i go to bed or every morning. If i i like movie i watch it many times..



  • I think that most people are like this to some degree.



  • @Reid-Cooper said:

    I think that most people are like this to some degree.

    Glad to know I'm not completely crazy!


  • Service Provider

    I am definitely like that. So is @Dominica. If we find a new food that we like, we tend to have it a lot of times in a row. Or find a new restaurant. Or whatever.



  • @ajstringham said:

    @Reid-Cooper said:

    I think that most people are like this to some degree.

    Glad to know I'm not completely crazy!

    He said "to some degree". You listened to All About That Bass 200 times and ate mac and cheese four days in a row. You're definitely completely crazy. 😉



  • @Carnival-Boy I wonder if he really listened to All About the Bass 200 times WHILE eating Mac and Cheese four times in a row? That would be even funnier.



  • @Reid-Cooper said:

    @Carnival-Boy I wonder if he really listened to All About the Bass 200 times WHILE eating Mac and Cheese four times in a row? That would be even funnier.

    Ok, not quite like that. I want to say it was around 100 times over a week but I can't say for sure and that was before the Mac and Cheese kick by at least 5 weeks.



  • Scott and the girls listen to 4 or 5 different versions of All About That Bass over and over and over and over and over and over...



  • @Dominica said:

    Scott and the girls listen to 4 or 5 different versions of All About That Bass over and over and over and over and over and over...

    It's a great song!



  • @Dominica Great message too!



  • No, you're not crazy but you definitely should consider a more balanced diet than mac n cheese and popcorn. 😛


  • Service Provider

    @NetworkNerdWifey said:

    No, you're not crazy but you definitely should consider a more balanced diet than mac n cheese and popcorn. 😛

    Which will, of course, lead to going crazy.



  • @scottalanmiller said:

    @NetworkNerdWifey said:

    No, you're not crazy but you definitely should consider a more balanced diet than mac n cheese and popcorn. 😛

    Which will, of course, lead to going crazy.

    Too poor to consider much else right now. I throw some ramen in for good measure.


  • Service Provider

    When NTG first started I lived in an apartment without even a chair!



  • @scottalanmiller said:

    When NTG first started I lived in an apartment without even a chair!

    <obligatory Monty Python>

    LUXURY!

    </obligatory Monty Python>



  • @scottalanmiller said:

    When NTG first started I lived in an apartment without even a chair!

    Hey i thought that was only me.. When i first started my first job i live in an apartment without chair too..


  • Service Provider

    @Joyfano said:

    @scottalanmiller said:

    When NTG first started I lived in an apartment without even a chair!

    Hey i thought that was only me.. When i first started my first job i live in an apartment without chair too..

    No tables, no silverware, no plates, no beds. We slept on the floors, use disposable styrofoam dishes (just two) and plastic forks and had one pot and one old knife to cook with (we used it to stir.) Pretty much had nothing but mac and cheese. There was one alarm clock for the apartment and one cell phone. No land lines of any kind, no Internet. No furniture of any kind except for what we made out of the cardboard boxes that servers and desktops came in. It was a completely empty apartment.



  • @scottalanmiller said:

    @Joyfano said:

    @scottalanmiller said:

    When NTG first started I lived in an apartment without even a chair!

    Hey i thought that was only me.. When i first started my first job i live in an apartment without chair too..

    No tables, no silverware, no plates, no beds. We slept on the floors, use disposable styrofoam dishes (just two) and plastic forks and had one pot and one old knife to cook with (we used it to stir.) Pretty much had nothing but mac and cheese. There was one alarm clock for the apartment and one cell phone. No land lines of any kind, no Internet. No furniture of any kind except for what we made out of the cardboard boxes that servers and desktops came in. It was a completely empty apartment.

    hahahah we only have cellphone, no tables but we have silverware and plates. we slept on floors.
    we don't cook. no furniture, no tv and no internet.


  • Service Provider

    We were living in downtown Pittsburgh at the time.



  • lol. I will listen to a song many many times in a row, memorize it, then drop it.

    As far as the living on 'bare necesseties' I am in an apartment, with a chair, desk, and computer. Though food is usually a toss up and we aim for the cheapest solution. Usually Little Caesars.



  • @FiyaFly said:

    lol. I will listen to a song many many times in a row, memorize it, then drop it.

    As far as the living on 'bare necesseties' I am in an apartment, with a chair, desk, and computer. Though food is usually a toss up and we aim for the cheapest solution. Usually Little Caesars.

    The bottom of the barrel in terms of pizza quality, only just beating out cafeteria pizza.



  • @thanksaj said:

    @FiyaFly said:

    lol. I will listen to a song many many times in a row, memorize it, then drop it.

    As far as the living on 'bare necesseties' I am in an apartment, with a chair, desk, and computer. Though food is usually a toss up and we aim for the cheapest solution. Usually Little Caesars.

    The bottom of the barrel in terms of pizza quality, only just beating out cafeteria pizza.

    Also the cheapest out of them all. lol.



  • One day I listened to the same two MC Frontalot songs on repeat all day long.



  • @FiyaFly said:

    @thanksaj said:

    @FiyaFly said:

    lol. I will listen to a song many many times in a row, memorize it, then drop it.

    As far as the living on 'bare necesseties' I am in an apartment, with a chair, desk, and computer. Though food is usually a toss up and we aim for the cheapest solution. Usually Little Caesars.

    The bottom of the barrel in terms of pizza quality, only just beating out cafeteria pizza.

    Also the cheapest out of them all. lol.

    Yeah, true.



  • @FiyaFly said:

    As far as the living on 'bare necesseties' I am in an apartment, with a chair, desk,

    The door desk??????