Tresorit: Better then Dropbox or Box.net



  • So - Spiceworks just popped an email in my box about Tresorit - and I'm wondering - do I really need MORE cloud storage? Is it REALLY better?

    Of course - like so many things (Ford, Dodge, Jeep, Chevy) It's an opinion thing...



  • @g.jacobse said:

    So - Spiceworks just popped an email in my box about Tresorit - and I'm wondering - do I really need MORE cloud storage? Is it REALLY better?

    Of course - like so many things (Ford, Dodge, Jeep, Chevy) It's an opinion thing...

    you're wrong. Ford is better.

    truck front.jpeg



  • Sigh... LOL


  • Service Provider

    I've not heard of that one. Cloud storage is getting pretty genetic these days.



  • I agree with what he said. I've never heard of it. I've already got Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and that's just installed. I also have Box, Amazon and a couple others. I'm set. Lol


  • Service Provider

    The primary feature of Tresorit is client-side encryption. A nice feature, but not too big of a deal for SMB customers, I don't think.

    https://tresorit.com/

    Although the REALLY BIG feature is that all data is stored only in the EU, not in the US. That's a big feature that I am surprised that they don't advertise more clearly.



  • @ajstringham said:

    I agree with what he said. I've never heard of it. I've already got Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and that's just installed. I also have Box, Amazon and a couple others. I'm set. Lol

    I agree; I have Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and another I can't remember, in the office I have Onedrive and another Dropbox... I also carry 6 different USB drives - although three of them were to replace the other three, and I've since plan to reduce even more with a multi-boot USB.

    @scottalanmiller said:

    The primary feature of Tresorit is client-side encryption. A nice feature, but not too big of a deal for SMB customers, I don't think.

    https://tresorit.com/

    Although the REALLY BIG feature is that all data is stored only in the EU, not in the US. That's a big feature that I am surprised that they don't advertise more clearly.

    Uhm - yea,.. that would be a big issue to disclose.. the US market could easily be cut off if someone barked loud enough. While it was a "SPICEWORKS" promo.. think I too will be passing.



  • Oh and @Hubtech - I might go with the VW Touareg tdi. It dragged a larger vehicle in a 'tug-a-war- challenge.



  • @g.jacobse said:

    Oh and @Hubtech - I might go with the VW Touareg tdi. It dragged a larger vehicle in a 'tug-a-war- challenge.

    Only when whatever is being carried is free standing. the touareg doesn't have towing suspension. I used to love VW! and i've hopped up my truck a bit. no problem towing my boat to various lakes and 7K lbs worth of wood on a tandem trailer was a piece of cake! kind of comparing apples to onions as far as application. but yeah they're cool

    3.0 TDI VW - 280hp/406tq
    my 3.5 TT Ecoboost - 450hp/510ft.lbs

    Must have been a VW advertisement cause the numbers dont add up 😉



  • unless you're talking about the v10 and v12, which would be awesome! but the suspension still wouldn't hold up under towing.



  • @g.jacobse said:

    @ajstringham said:

    I agree with what he said. I've never heard of it. I've already got Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and that's just installed. I also have Box, Amazon and a couple others. I'm set. Lol

    I agree; I have Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and another I can't remember, in the office I have Onedrive and another Dropbox... I also carry 6 different USB drives - although three of them were to replace the other three, and I've since plan to reduce even more with a multi-boot USB.

    @scottalanmiller said:

    The primary feature of Tresorit is client-side encryption. A nice feature, but not too big of a deal for SMB customers, I don't think.

    https://tresorit.com/

    Although the REALLY BIG feature is that all data is stored only in the EU, not in the US. That's a big feature that I am surprised that they don't advertise more clearly.

    Uhm - yea,.. that would be a big issue to disclose.. the US market could easily be cut off if someone barked loud enough. While it was a "SPICEWORKS" promo.. think I too will be passing.

    No I think it is meant as a huge plus. More protection for companies.