Tech Writer Position Available (Richardson, Tx)
Tech Writer Position Avaialble (6 Month Contract) (Richardson, Tx)
Please contact as well as send resume & portfolio of work:
Account Manager for Diversant, LLC.
Cell: (817) 729-5978
My client is looking for a tech writer for a 6 month contract.
If you're interested or know someone that is please contact me directly for further information.
Current Role & Growth Opportunity:
The Technical Writer partners with internal Product Management and Product Development teams to author and edit internal and customer-facing product documentation. They work to elicit product knowledge from the product teams and various stakeholders and transpose that knowledge into clear and comprehensive written product documentation. They partner closely with multiple product teams to maintain updates to product documentation throughout iterative development cycles and publish updates to both internal repositories and customer-facing documentation portals. They work quickly and with purpose, and adhere to lofty standards of product documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cultivate comprehensive understanding of company products through self-study of product samples and through conversation with product teams and other peripheral stakeholders.
• Author and maintain product documentation of products according to delivery schedules and quality standards.
• Adhere to corporate style guidelines and industry best practices to produce polished professional documentation and diagrams.
• Frequently update documentation in alignment with product release cycles.
• Ensure visibility and accessibility to product documentation repositories for internal stakeholders and customers.
• Maintain strict version control and documentation release management protocols to ensure product documentation is always up to date and published in a timely manner.
• Intakes and responds to requests for clarification or enhancements on product documentation inquiries, partnering with the appropriate product team(s) as needed.
Essential Education, Experience and Interests:
• Preferred minimum 3-4 years’ technical writing experience supporting product development and management in the healthcare operations and analytics space.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English or STEM discipline.
• Excellent communication skills (writing, reading, speaking and listening).
• Ability to take complex, technical information and translate it for internal stakeholders and users with nontechnical backgrounds.
• Proficiency in MadCap Flare, MS Office, Visio, Adobe, Confluence or other content management solutions, technical diagramming software and tools, etc.
• Proven record of working on multiple concurrent projects with ability to manage and deliver effectively against tight deadlines.
• Laser-like focus and attention to detail. Should be very proficient in their written communication.
• Understanding of software development methodologies and the Software-as-a-Service business model.
• Technical knowledge in concepts such as relational databases, data warehousing, web application development framework, OLAP, business intelligence principles such as dimensions, measures, cubes, measure groups, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near office equipment (telephone, computer) and other employees. The employee works in normal office conditions where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, etc. Verbal and written communication, telephone usage, filing, sitting, typing, driving, reading and carrying required to perform the essential functions of this job.