Need Solution to Repair Corrupt Excel Workbook?

• Banned

I saved my Excel file and closed it, but today when I try to open my saved Excel workbook, it fails to open and shows the error message, your Excel file is corrupt and cannot be opened.

Can anyone suggest me how to fix the Excel file corruption and recovers the data stored.

Tried running Open n Repair Tool,
    Saved the Excel file to different version

But nothing works; I don’t have a backup the data stored in very important. Pls help me ASAP..!!!

Thanks in advance..!!

• @jackadision

If is a .xlsx you can open it with 7zip and check the file.

Also look at C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\ Perhaps you find a copy of the file here.

• @jackadision said in Need Solution to Repair Corrupt Excel Workbook?:

But nothing works; I don’t have a backup the data stored in very important. Pls help me ASAP..!!!

That's a very incongruous statement. If it's very important, then it is backed up. Not backed up = not important.

However, that's beside the point for you now. Let's play the lots of silly questions game here.

1. Have you tried opening the file with LibreOffice and OnlyOffice?
    2. How long has the file existed?
    3. How large is the dataset contained within the file?
    4. As @iroal mentioned, can you open the file with 7zip and read the information within the .xlsx container?

Excel files just break after a certain length of time or working with to much data. Yes, really, they just break. I've seen it happen to often.