Who are you following on Twitter?

• Lately I've been following @climagic on twitter to learn a couple of the extra things on bash. How are you following on twitter?

• behold-the-field-in-which-i-grow-my-fucks-lay-thine-eyes-upon-it-and-thou-shalt-see-that-it-is-barren-4bc2e.png

• Mostly IT stuff, I'm following:

MangoCon
    @MangoConit ‏

Jared Busch
    @sorvani ‏

MedievalEngineers
    @MedievalEng ‏
    A sandbox PC game about engineering, construction and the maintenance of architectural works and mechanical equipment using medieval technology.

WinBuzzer
    @WBuzzer ‏
    The N°1 spot for #Microsoft coverage! All the news about Microsoft products and what´s hot at the world´s biggest software maker.

Windows ServerVerified account
    @windowsserver ‏
    Flexible. Agile. Enterprise-Grade. Datacenter & Hybrid Cloud Platform. Server Virtualization. Networking. Storage. VDI. News & More. #WinServ

Windows Admin Center
    @servermgmt ‏
    Product team for Microsoft Windows Admin Center (formerly Project Honolulu), Windows Server management reimagined

Jason Neurath
    @JasonNeurath ‏

Ahmad Awais |  🔥  🔜 VSCode.proVerified account
    @MrAhmadAwais ‏
    🎩 #OpenSourcerer ❯🥑 JavaScript DevRels ❯ 👓 @WordPress Core Dev ❯  📣 TEDx Speaker ❯ 🧐 @SmashingMag Expert Panel ❯✍️ …

DistroWatch
    @DistroWatch ‏
    Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

The Linux FoundationVerified account
    @linuxfoundation ‏
    A nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source. Updates on our events at @eventsLF #Linux #OpenSource #learnLinux

Linux.com
    @linuxdotcom ‏
    http://Linux.com  is the go-to resource for #opensource pros to learn about the latest in Linux & open source tech, careers, best practices, & trends.

Red Hat, Inc.Verified account
    @RedHat ‏
    The leading provider of enterprise open source solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver Linux, cloud, container, and Kubernetes…

DevOps.com
    @devopsdotcom ‏
    Where The World Meets #DevOps. Webinars: https://bit.ly/2ImxXsN  DevOpsExperience: https://devopsexperience.io  Contact: [email protected]

Jeremy Richardson
    @QuixoticJeremy ‏
    Lead Developer for Quixotic and the #Sodium project.

Mango Lassi
    @MangoLassiit ‏
    MangoLassi.it the place for IT Pros to share and learn from one another.

StarWind
    @starwindsan ‏
    All about StarWind and #virtualization #VSAN #HyperConverged #SDS

Linux User & Developer
    @LinuxUserMag ‏
    Linux User and Developer was a Linux and Free and Open Source magazine that was published between 1999 and 2018.

CommandLineFu
    @commandlinefu ‏
    Command line diamonds, created and voted on by our members

NTGco
    @ntgit ‏
    NTG is an NY & TX based IT consultancy & service provider (ITSP / MSP). We are passionate about supplying great IT services to companies of all types…

Scott Alan Miller
    @scottalanmiller ‏ Follows you
    Semi Retired IT Strategist, Researcher and Technical Fellow. Full time world traveler, blogger, dad.

Linux Pro Magazine
    @linux_pro ‏
    If you use Linux, you need Linux Pro! Get hands-on solutions with our premium blend of technical articles. [Linux Pro is Linux Magazine outside North America]

Foss Linux
    @FOSS_Linux ‏
    We tweet about Free #OpenSource Software and #Linux Brought to you by @OrganicSoMe G+ http://ow.ly/SA1sH 

NGINX, Inc.Verified account
    @nginx ‏
    Improve the performance, reliability, and security of your applications with the NGINX Application Platform.

SaltStack
    @SaltStack ‏
    Event-driven IT automation software amplifies the intelligence & impact of SecOps, hybrid cloud, & DevOps professionals. https://saltconf.com 

FedoraCommunityBlog
    @fedoracommunity ‏
    News and Updates from the Fedora Community

Petri
    @PetriFeed ‏
    Check out the Petri IT Knowledgebase for the latest in IT and tech coverage, including how-to articles, news, and reviews for #sysadmin. Work Smarter.

John LegereVerified account
    @JohnLegere ‏
    Magenta-wearing, customer-loving @TMobile USA CEO focused on ending wireless pain points & scaring our competitors! Also, #IamBatman

GNOMEVerified account
    @gnome ‏
    The Free Software Desktop Project

Linux Today
    @linuxtoday ‏
    Linux news and how-to's collected from all over.

The Best Linux Blog In the Unixverse
    @nixcraft ‏
    Enjoy Linux & Unix-like systems? Open source software and programming? Sysadmin & DevOps work? Follow us to make the most of sysadmin-hood.

Linux
    @Linux ‏
    The latest buzz from the Linux world...

Fedora ProjectVerified account
    @fedora ‏
    This is the official feed for the Fedora Project, a global free software community sponsored by Red Hat.

☁ Charbel Nemnom 🇨🇭 MVP  ☁
    @CHARBELNEMNOM ‏
    Cloud Solutions Architect @itnetX_CH I'm a proud Microsoft Cloud and Datacenter Management #MVP. Speaker, blogger, and author #Azure …

MinecraftVerified account
    @Minecraft ‏
    Survive the night, or build a work of art. Minecraft game updates from the @Mojang team.

Hyper-V-Server Blog
    @hypervserver ‏
    Hi my name is Carsten Rachfahl. I am a Microsoft Hyper-V MVP and tweet about the Microsoft Private Cloud (mainly Hyper-V, Storage and System Center)

Sean MurrayVerified account
    @NoMansSky ‏
    @hellogames founder, creator of Joe Danger and No Man's Sky... programmer. The Susan Boyle of videogames

Aidan Finn
    @joe_elway ‏
    MVP Hyper-V and Azure. Blogger at http://aidanfinn.com  & http://petri.com , & Azure trainer: http://london.cloudmechanix.com 

Hello GamesVerified account
    @hellogames ‏
    We're dedicated to the craft of creating games that will make you cry joyful rainbow tears. Currently working on @NoMansSky!

Microsoft Stories and NewsVerified account
    @MSFTnews ‏
    Stories and news directly from Microsoft.

Microsoft AzureVerified account
    @Azure ‏
    The official account for Microsoft Azure. Follow for news and updates from the #Azure team and community. For help, please contact @AzureSupport.

PowerShell Magazine
    @PowerShellMag ‏
    The “PowerShell Magazine” is an online magazine serving exclusive PowerShell content with 60+ contributing authors and five PowerShell MVPs!

MicrosoftVerified account
    @Microsoft ‏
    We’re on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Support: @MicrosoftHelps

MSFT Scripting Guys
    @ScriptingGuys ‏
    Twitter account for the Microsoft Scripting Guys. Follow for information about PowerShell and blog.

Bill GatesVerified account
    @BillGates ‏
    Sharing things I'm learning through my foundation work and other interests.

Satya NadellaVerified account
    @satyanadella ‏
    CEO of Microsoft Corporation

Gabriel AulVerified account
    @GabeAul ‏
    Vice President, WDG Engineering Systems team. Former lead for the #WindowsInsiders program but have turned the reins over to …

• @Obsolesce Can you do my a solid and code-block that. .

• @DustinB3403 Because I want to know if there are any better people out there to follow. I don't care if you care or not, so go troll somewhere else.

• So you know, I don't use twitter. Now if I said something like "I follow realDonaldTrump" would that somehow make you think more or less of me?

• I just use twitter to stay current... like a better news feed really.

• @Obsolesce said in Who are you following on Twitter?:

I just use twitter to stay current... like a better news feed really.

I haven't used it so I wouldn't know. From an outside perspective it would seem more like a pigeon-hole of news and information.

One that is custom tuned to you specifically and one that only shows the news you want to hear about in a light that you'd want to hear it in.

While I can also agree that modern news media essentially does the same thing, its on a much more generic scale, less targeted.

• Service Provider

@Obsolesce said in Who are you following on Twitter?:

I find it useless, because the feed contains retweets of crap I don't care about.

• Service Provider

@DustinB3403 said in Who are you following on Twitter?:

I haven't used it so I wouldn't know.

So STFU and stay away already.

• @JaredBusch said in Who are you following on Twitter?:

@DustinB3403 said in Who are you following on Twitter?:

I haven't used it so I wouldn't know.

So STFU and stay away already.

Go piss on someone else's wheaties. I haven't used it because I looked at it and realized it was a waste of my time and energy.

Not that I haven't ever tried it.

• @JaredBusch said in Who are you following on Twitter?:

I find it useless, because the feed contains retweets of crap I don't care about.

Quite the opposite for me...

It's actually where I discover some of the most interesting or important news and happenings relevant to the feeds I'm following, where I'll otherwise miss it completely.