Yealink T46S Voicemail Icon Disappears Randomly

• Does anyone else have this issue on the T46S phones? I am not sure if this is a setting, a bug, or a config setting from the Endpoint Manager. The icon displays on the phone when the person has a voicemail but then disappears randomly. Sometimes after 20 minutes, sometimes after a couple hours.

-The phones are running the latest firmware pushed down by the FreePBX Endpoint Manager.
    -No the users are not checking the voicemail. They are still new voicemails so I would assume the icon should stay until they are checked.
    -The icon does sometimes come back over an extended period of time. This is what is upsetting the user because they are unaware they have a new voicemail and then when the icon comes up they find out the message was from 4 hours ago.

The server is running FreePBX 14 hosted on Vultr. The system is fully up to date. The issue has been happening for a couple weeks now or at least has been noticed for a couple weeks. More than one user has pointed this out.

Anyways, just curious if anyone else has come across this issue or if there is setting I am unaware of that only displays the notification for a certain amount of time.

Thanks

• @syko24 said in Yealink T46S Voicemail Icon Disappears Randomly:

Does anyone else have this issue on the T46S phones? I am not sure if this is a setting, a bug, or a config setting from the Endpoint Manager. The icon displays on the phone when the person has a voicemail but then disappears randomly. Sometimes after 20 minutes, sometimes after a couple hours.

-The phones are running the latest firmware pushed down by the FreePBX Endpoint Manager.
    -No the users are not checking the voicemail. They are still new voicemails so I would assume the icon should stay until they are checked.
    -The icon does sometimes come back over an extended period of time. This is what is upsetting the user because they are unaware they have a new voicemail and then when the icon comes up they find out the message was from 4 hours ago.

The server is running FreePBX 14 hosted on Vultr. The system is fully up to date. The issue has been happening for a couple weeks now or at least has been noticed for a couple weeks. More than one user has pointed this out.

Anyways, just curious if anyone else has come across this issue or if there is setting I am unaware of that only displays the notification for a certain amount of time.

Thanks

Message Waiting is a subscription from the phone to the PBX.

There is a setting in FreePBX, and a setting in the Phone.

On the advanced tab of every extension you can find this. Obviously, you normally want to leave this alone.
    0_1537809225204_01bba8af-a1a2-4e13-8727-5f6b0021fa4d-image.png

In the phone, you have this setting under Account, advanced.
    0_1537809597987_204fbaf9-8d46-4178-bf6a-c8de1690fcee-image.png

These defaults work fine for me and I never seem to have issues.

If you are having issues, then I would suggest changing one phone manually to Enabled on this subscribe setting.

If that resolves the issues, then you can change the base file in EPM.

• @JaredBusch - The Endpoint Manager has it Enabled. I set it as disabled to match your settings to see if that fixes it. I will report back later with the results. As always thank you for your assistance.