FreePBX iOS/Android Mobile App in public beta now

• Just wanted to share that you can download the mobile iOS/Android beta for FreePBX's Zulu now if you are a user.

This went online Wednesday August 28th
    https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/ZU/Zulu+Mobile+Installation

You can get 2 free licenses for your installation for free. Just getting ready to provision my phone to check it out.

The latest desktop version of Zulu has worked pretty well. There is a Slack/Teams feature that isnt bad, but since you cant invite outsiders to it its probably not going to gain much traction. The whole interface is pretty nice though.

I hope they change the licensing model from the $199 per 20 users per year to something per actual user.

• @bigbear said in FreePBX iOS/Android Mobile App in public beta now:

Just wanted to share that you can download the mobile iOS/Android beta for FreePBX's Zulu now if you are a user.

You can get 2 free licenses for your installation for free. Just getting ready to provision my phone to check it out.

The latest desktop version of Zulu has worked pretty well. There is a Slack/Teams feature that isnt bad, but since you cant invite outsiders to it its probably not going to gain much traction. The whole interface is pretty nice though.

I hope they change the licensing model from the $199 per 20 users per year to something per actual user.

That is only $10/user/year. That is not all the bad.

What price point you after?

Also, I was on their forum today and did not see a notice for this!

The Zulu app on Fedora works okay-ish.

• Oh nice, they are using TestFlight for iOS testing. I've used that for testing some apps in the past. Worked decent enough.

• @jaredbusch said in FreePBX iOS/Android Mobile App in public beta now:

@bigbear said in FreePBX iOS/Android Mobile App in public beta now:

Just wanted to share that you can download the mobile iOS/Android beta for FreePBX's Zulu now if you are a user.

I would like it to be just $10/user/year

Currently if you have 9 users you have to buy 20 and if you have 22 users you have to buy 40. At least that’s the only option in the portal. Increments of 20 and I think 50

• @jaredbusch said in FreePBX iOS/Android Mobile App in public beta now:

Oh nice, they are using TestFlight for iOS testing. I've used that for testing some apps in the past. Worked decent enough.

It resolves the primary gripe I had about FreePBX with the mobile sip clients and responsive firewall issues.

Now if only it could be multitenant...

@jaredbusch said in FreePBX iOS/Android Mobile App in public beta now:

Currently if you have 9 users you have to buy 20 and if you have 22 users you have to buy 40. At least that’s the only option in the portal. Increments of 20 and I think 50

Yeah, the 20 user blocks only make sense for huge companies. For small ones, it often means $15-20/user, rather than $10. Which are huge percentage increases.

@jaredbusch said in FreePBX iOS/Android Mobile App in public beta now:

Ah ok because of the price blocks. Yes, I agree there.