Looking For Self Hosted FOSS Appointment Scheduling Solution
I'm looking for an appointment scheduling solution for the following scenario for a client. They have software that can only allow one user access at a time and need to schedule access for multiple users throughout the day.
- Admin will create a calendar
- users will then be able to schedule their system access based on availability
- must be self hosted
- must be web based front end (mobile apps not required)
- must have reminders for users as their scheduled time slot approaches (reminder emails won't work). Only way this would likely work is if the members remain logged in to the web page and the system pops up a reminder as their time approaches.
- should preferably allow for individuals to log into the system to schedule their time slot but will need to see system availability and scheduled times from other users (no edit access for other user scheduled appointments) so they can negotiate changes is necessary (that negotiation process does not need to live within the calendar)
- Google calendar and shared Office 365 calendars are not viable solutions (members will live across multiple teams and the calendar will contain some sensitive information so only self hosted solutions)
Wondering if anyone here has something similar they've used and can recommend. I've spent hours on Google and all options looked at so far don't really fit the need for one reason or another.
Closest I've seen is https://smartscheduling.com/ but not self hosted and didn't have web based reminders for logged in users. If you can imagine an appointment scheduling tool like that of a Dr's office but where reminders are sent to front desk staff and not patients.
stacksofplates last edited by
Sorry only way I know how is to build your own with Drupal. Idk of any pre made solutions.
black3dynamite last edited by black3dynamite
appointment scheduling solution
Have you already looked at this?
@black3dynamite Thanks, I did see that one but the demo with multi-step forms is a bit of a killer. I also don't see notifications for the users. It talks about notifications only when changes but not when the scheduled appointment is approaching. Need that notification thing to work like Outlook calendar would to remind you of an approaching meeting for the user who booked the event except can't use Office 365 calendar.
I may not be able to find a solution without building it out which I'm hoping I can avoid.
@black3dynamite I think I may go poke around with it and see how much it can be customized to fit the client's specific needs.
black3dynamite last edited by
Here's another WordPress Plugin called BirchPress Scheduler
There's more features if willing to pay for on of the premium editions
dbeato last edited by
You might also want to look at this thread by @JaredBusch
Emad R last edited by
HOw abbout NextCloud Contacts/CalDav stuff andyou can do shared user with all the appointments ?
So it turns out that Easy Appointment is not a fit. No reminders of an upcoming event, only if an event changes are there email notifications.
Nextcloud Calendar may work but for some reason, the popup reminders are not working even though I've enabled popups for the site on my browser. Even tried via Edge and Firefox and popups don't work in those either. I'd also need to figure out a way to turn off the file share function of Nextcloud for this to be approved. I'm going to keep plugging away at Nextcloud and see if I can get reminders to work.