Ubiquiti NVR Performance Improvement

• @krisleslie said in Ubiquiti NVR Performance Improvement:

@dbeato so let me ask a stupid question, how is this hurting your WAN? Or, is this on a separate WAN away from the other part of your network? Keep in mind I'm not a network + guy at all.

Nothing at all, I don't have it recording all the time, it is recording on motion. Nothing separate with VLANs or anything complicated.

• @krisleslie Are you viewing the camera streams on the same VM by any chance? This is known to slow down Unifi NVR server performance, should be a remote machine. From my experience, the Windows version even with RAM disk doesn't handle IO from multiple streams anywhere nearly as good as its Linux equivalent. You'd be much better off running it on the supported Linux distro of your choice IMO. Your server specs would be massive overkill for 25 cameras if you were running it on Linux.

Are you recording most of your streams at full 30 FPS? Are you able to reduce it to 15 FPS and record motion only? This should cut down Unifi NVR's IOPS quite a bit.

• @taurex said in Ubiquiti NVR Performance Improvement:

Are you recording most of your streams at full 30 FPS? Are you able to reduce it to 15 FPS and record motion only? This should cut down Unifi NVR's IOPS quite a bit.

I didn't think about changing the FPS, yes I'm noticing my NVR is THE Biggest talker on the entire network.