UNIX Engineering Lead - Washington DC
mlnews last edited by
22732 - UNIX Engineering Lead
$100/hr All Inclusive Corp to Corp
US Citizens/Greencard holders only
Senior UNIX Administrator/Engineer with previous experience managing the day to day operations of UNIX and Linux server infrastructure team to oversee systems engineering, implementation and operational support. Ability to manage engineering staff and vendors to gather, report, analyze and report performance metrics and root cause analysis of issues as well as developing and coordinating the implementation of work flow activities. Other duties include the accounting of logical and physical architecture which involve enterprise servers, large scale SAN storage, backups, systems security, configurations, manageability, automata, and operations, as well as process management (understanding, documenting and maintaining processes) within the day to day UNIX Operations area.
- Expert level knowledge in Unix/Linux and Related Services, including: Red Hat Enterprise Linux v5,6,7.
- High-Availability (Red Hat Cluster Services, Global File System).
- Configuration Management (e.g. Red Hat Satellite Server, Chef, Puppet).
- Web Server Support (Apache, Tomcat, NGINX).
- Experience managing servers supporting databases (preferably Oracle and Oracle RAC).
- Extensive monitoring and troubleshooting experience using native tools and monitoring systems (both OpenSource and vendor supplied tools).
- Experience managing bare-metal and virtualized servers.