FreePBX extension oddity


  • Service Provider

    I have a single phone extension (FreePBX) that rings 2x on any incoming call, internal or external, and then goes to VM. I've compared extension settings, follow me settings, DID settings, phone config settings, against working extensions. Nothing is showing up. I checked the Asterisk CLI for DND somehow being on for that extension. Nada. We set the extension up to ring to one of our in-house phones, and it worked fine. We had the physical phone for that extension replaced (was an Aastra, now a brand new Yealink), still having the same result. Has anyone seen the likes of this before? Any ideas?
    Thanks!!



  • From this post here it appears to be a queue issue.

    Im not a specialist too, just trying to help the new ones like me.

    FreePBX has the tab Settings in the upper part, under which you will find General Settings.

    If you got the queue already running, the device you are dialing should have an extension, you could add that extension in the queue agents box, so whenever anything is routed to the queue, it will ring the agents in it.

    Then you will need an inbound route to associate that queue with a DID, so whenever you call the DID, it will route the call to the queue, which will call the agents.

    Since queue ring times doesn't depend on extensions ring time, this could solve your ringing shortage.

    But I will still check the General Settings default ring time value.

    Regards.


  • Service Provider

    I did read that forum post already, but the settings for this extension match every other working extension.

    In addition, we tried setting up (again) one of our other phones not in our office as that extension, and it worked perfectly. We then asked for the problem phone to be moved and plugged in at another location in the building. What we were told after that was tried is that the phone could then also not make an outbound call that the receiving party could hear anything on.

    I think that demonstrates that the issue is in the physical network somewhere.


  • Service Provider

    @DustinB3403 that is not relevant if a different phone in a different locaiotn works fine.


  • Service Provider

    @art_of_shred So you have 2 different models programmed to the ext and both show this problem when on site.

    The user moved the phone and now have different problems?

    You are not being told the whole story.


  • Service Provider

    @art_of_shred you need to have the process started over.

    Original phone on original port and verify behavior.

    Original phone on new port and verify behavior.


  • Service Provider

    @JaredBusch said in FreePBX extension oddity:

    @art_of_shred you need to have the process started over.

    Original phone on original port and verify behavior.

    Original phone on new port and verify behavior.

    We had the original phone on the original port that was malfunctioning as described in the OP. We replaced the phone and got the same result. The new phone, which had the same exact behavior as the original (so it's not the phone) was moved to another port and had the same issue plus the lack of audio on the other end of a call.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to MangoLassi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.