3CX Linux Beta

• Been waiting for this to get out and fully tested.

Still not happy with their price point, but it is not that far off.

Edit: Price point changed see post below.

• That's major. Their Windows tax was crippling. It required a Windows Server license (for more than a tiny handful of users) which is a huge amount of money. The Windows license, Windows overhead, etc. made even a tiny deployment of 3CX quite large. Moving to Linux makes it much more viable.

• @scottalanmiller said in 3CX Linux Beta:

That's major. Their Windows tax was crippling. It required a Windows Server license (for more than a tiny handful of users) which is a huge amount of money. The Windows license, Windows overhead, etc. made even a tiny deployment of 3CX quite large. Moving to Linux makes it much more viable.

Their pricing either changed or I have a worse memory than I thought.

I recall the 8 simultaneous call package costing something like $1200.

Their pricing sheet currently lists that at $695
    0_1475687343242_upload-1aedcd39-0601-4819-8097-0aae3f91f59b

• @JaredBusch Been a while, but that is more like what I remember. It wasn't "horrible", but it is high. But you do get support, which is something.

• @scottalanmiller said in 3CX Linux Beta:

@JaredBusch Been a while, but that is more like what I remember. It wasn't "horrible", but it is high. But you do get support, which is something.

This new pricing is not anything i consider high at all.

For the feature set, this price point is spot on.

Even with FreePBX based systems, to get near feature parity, you will pay about that much.

Things like Endpoint Manager Pro, etc.

Of course with the Asterisk route, you can roll it all yourself. BUt time is money and this price point makes it worth it. That is the same reason I have clients buy the Endpoint manager module. Or parking pro, or conference pro, or whatever, depending on the company needs.

• @JaredBusch said in 3CX Linux Beta:

@scottalanmiller said in 3CX Linux Beta:

@JaredBusch Been a while, but that is more like what I remember. It wasn't "horrible", but it is high. But you do get support, which is something.

This new pricing is not anything i consider high at all.

For the feature set, this price point is spot on.

Even with FreePBX based systems, to get near feature parity, you will pay about that much.

Things like Endpoint Manager Pro, etc.

Of course with the Asterisk route, you can roll it all yourself. BUt time is money and this price point makes it worth it. That is the same reason I have clients buy the Endpoint manager module. Or parking pro, or conference pro, or whatever, depending on the company needs.

Oh I agree. The issues are when customers or end users don't need feature parity. If they just want lots of reliable calls and conference rooms, for example. We've used 3CX and FreePBX and for our needs, for example, FreePBX has more features for free than 3CX has paid. So it depends on the use case.