Renaming ADUC Security Groups

• Can you rename ADUC Security Groups without breaking the linking to GPO?0_1474908000492_2016-09-26 12_38_32-SSI-DC1 - NTG - Connected.png

I have some groupings that I want to 'filter' by, but to do so, I would need to rename the Security Group Names

I have

• Accounting Printer Deployment
    • Engineering Printer Deployment
    • Sales Printer Deployment
    • Shop Printer Deployment

and I would rather have:

• Printer Deployment Accounting
    • Printer Deployment Engineering
    • etc

• @gjacobse said in Renaming ADUC Security Groups:

Can you rename ADUC Security Groups without breaking the linking to GPO?0_1474908000492_2016-09-26 12_38_32-SSI-DC1 - NTG - Connected.png

I have some groupings that I want to 'filter' by, but to do so, I would need to rename the Security Group Names

I have

and I would rather have:

• etc

Should be able to. Group names are just identifiers there is really a UID that each group has that is actually linked to the GPOs.

• @coliver said in Renaming ADUC Security Groups:

@gjacobse said in Renaming ADUC Security Groups:

Can you rename ADUC Security Groups without breaking the linking to GPO?0_1474908000492_2016-09-26 12_38_32-SSI-DC1 - NTG - Connected.png

I have

and I would rather have:

• etc

Should be able to. Group names are just identifiers there is really a UID that each group has that is actually linked to the GPOs.

Updated, guess we'll just wait to see if it broke anything. It's just printers so nothing critical.