Just out of curiosity, which PBX are you using in conjunction with the Yealink phones?
I realize this does not scale well, but when we rolled out Yealink phones,we ended up doing a manual configuration of each phone. It was simple and didn't require us to configure some kind of provisioning server. But in truth, I always wanted to setup a provisioning server to learn how to do it.
Elastix (assuming you have not migrated) and FreePBX both expose /tftpboot for this.
I do not have any Elastix instance running, but I do believe it was accessible from http as well as tftp.
In FreePBX you specify which services are available in the Firewall and SysAdmin modules.
Then you just drop the files into /tftpboot and access them however. With a local install you can use tftp or with a remote install you can use https so that the SIP credentials never go over the internet in the clear.
For example, here is my phone's (redacted) config file.
d appear in the softkey row, which would then reveal a record button. But it makes sense that type record wouldn't do the
This whole notion that the phone is it's own system is what's frustrating to me personally.
DND on the phone is not DND on the PBX (in fact I have no idea what the PBX sees in that case - I'd guess it sees the phone simply busy).
But this is not what a company with an phone admins/operators would want. For example, in my case, my company wants the operators to be able to remove DND from a phone at the operators choosing. But in the case where the phone is DND'ed, they can't do that.
This type of stuff leads to split brain thinking - where is the problem? oh yeah - duh, I'm an idiot and I setup DND on the phone, and then didn't program a button on the phone to use the DTMF function of the PBX to set DND status.
Yep I'm just bitchin'.
That's always been there, even with analogue phones. Just most people didn't buy phones that powerful.
Of course analogue phones could be that way, any type of device could be. Heck my old home analogue phone had a contact list feature. But my home phone service never did, so it was never a conflict.
Psst - I do believe that some home phone analogue providers did offer phone system based contact lists/quick dialing.
It was all in your PBX. An analogue PBX could have all these same options.
uh what? my home phone was in my PBX?
You PBX was the CO in this case.
Sure, for the second option I mentioned, but in the case of my phone having a contact list, that had nothing to do with the CO or a PBX, it was all inside my phone at home. Oh, yeah, I said all of this already.
The PBX for your phone at home is the CO. This is not a hard concept. The CO has all these features too.
So yes. your home phone always had this functionality.
Been working with Yealink support on this and after confirming this happening with the T46G and the T42G phones, their support upped the severity and I got an answer back to add the below setting to the configuration files.
transfer.hang_up_after_success_trans = 3
I did so on the T46G, disabled the custom firewall rules, and had the operator repeat the transfer.
No ghost ringback.
I'll leave the custom firewall disabled and see if it stays good all day.
I'll test in more detail over the weekend or on Tuesday, whichever time I have a tech on site.
Original phone on original port and verify behavior.
Original phone on new port and verify behavior.
We had the original phone on the original port that was malfunctioning as described in the OP. We replaced the phone and got the same result. The new phone, which had the same exact behavior as the original (so it's not the phone) was moved to another port and had the same issue plus the lack of audio on the other end of a call.
Ok, I resolved this problem by reverting back to 220.127.116.11. As soon as the phone finished booting with the 18.104.22.168 firmware, I heard the CS540 base click active. I pushed the button on the headset to deactivate it and I knew it was going to work before i even picked it up to test.
This does not explain why the EHS previously worked with 22.214.171.124.
After confirming everything working correctly, I upgraded to 126.96.36.199. The headset no longer worked correctly. I downgraded back to 188.8.131.52 and it worked correctly again.
This is a problem with the new firmware for the phone and obviously not a problem with the 184.108.40.206 EHS firmware.
Email sent to yealink support. Hopefully this will be resolved in future firmware.
@Dominica exactly. And you would be struggling to even do that. If locked down the extension would be locked by IP range and the phone would hopefully be blocked from making its own external VPN connections. So it really would only be a gateway to other security flaws. On its own it should do very little.
Looks like your connection to MangoLassi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.