That's right. 9 steps to install it via Composer. All that worked except for forcing https which didn't work on my WAMP.
I'm doing it again on cPanel but have to finish tomorrow.
why don't you do it on Linux following JB's guide?
Because this guy is worse than @Dashrender about doing things the hard way.
That's funny. Their tutorial was far less hard than yours, and yours didn't cover my environment. But thanks anyway.
I was on a WHM/cPanel setup on a VPS. While I did have SSH access as root, I used my cpanel user only at first. Apache and MySQL, not Nginx and MariaDB. But anyhoo.
Problem 1: Changing documentroot for Apache. I had the host do this, even though I could do it from root. Otherwise use of /public folder wouldn't work. Anybody on a cPanel would have to do this. If the site is an "addon" domain, it's easy, but if it's the primary domain (as mine was), the process is a little more involved.
Problem 2: I got a "No input file specified" blank page when trying to open it. This apparently had something to do with using fastCGI or PHP-FPM or something. Again the host made a server change, I believe all they did was turn off PHP-FPM. (this site is using PHP 7.2).
Problem 3: After fixing that, the site was redirecting to the /login address but simply went to 404. To fix this, I had to do a bunch of Composer things, update Composer itself, global self-update, enable fopen urls until finally Composer had no warnings or errors when updating. When I first ran composer update, it downloaded everything and created the vendor folder, but apparently it still couldn't work because of version issues between Laravel and artisan and composer or some weird nonsense. I needed su ability to get composer updated here.
Problem 4: Nothing worked yet, because when the host messed with PHP it generated a new htaccess file and left out all the stuff in the default one. I fixed that up.
Problem 5: Site now loads without 404 error, but instead just throws a server 500. The Illuminate package had permission errors writing in the Storage folder even with 755 permissions. To fix this (as other suggested online), I set folders to 777.
Then I had to run artisan cache:clear and composer dump-autoload. In general I always thought 777 was anathema but that's what everybody said to do.
I finally got the freaking login after that.
Problem 6: It still couldn't upload files to the uploads folder, so again had to go set 777. For the heck of it, I went and set bootstrap/cache to 777 too since that is the third folder they wanted to ensure write access. Now pictures could upload.
Now finally the installation is working.
Just by way of reference for anybody else who uses a cPanel setup. Composer was just there already on the VPS, but not up to date. And when using su, the Composer path is not set in globals so I had to reference full path.
Documentroot needs changed (including addition config if using SSL).
Potentially FastCGI issues. Some of this can be changed from WHM.
Give full 777 folder permissions.
I like the ability of a OneNote document, hosted in SharePoint, but don't like the lack of organization of it. I like Wiki's for documentation, because you can browse the wiki, copy/paste to/from it without accidentally deleting content. Once multiple people have their hands on a shared OneNote, in my opinion, it just becomes to easy to accidentally delete something.
That's one of the reasons why I'm looking for a 100% client-side wiki that just uses HTML5/JS. Just place that into a SharePoint doclib/dropbox/whatever
Not a bad idea.
Plus we don't need any proprietary software like OneNote, just a modern browser. Don't get me wrong, OneNote is a great tool, but I would like to have a wiki for my core documentation / admin KB.